First try at PS3 Video and Edit

Reaction score
I got up early this morning and took this video. My P3S was at the edge of it's range but it hung in there. This was my first attempt with the 'point of interest' feature. The castle is a perfect subject. It was 18 degrees, brrr, but I kept the gear warm until take-off and had no issues. Feedback is greatly appreciated. I think, in general, it's overexposed. I also don't like the way video looks when I turn. A little too jerky. Hopefully I'll learn to turn smoother, or anticipate better, with experience.

Gillete's Castle II

Looks good to me. I am waiting on my first Phantom 3S to arrive in the mail.

I think the camera on the P3S is pretty good but I'm no video expert. I liked the approach to the castle, then the poi and then the shot moving away. Nice symmetry. Loved the sun rays penetrating through from that one angle on the poi. Good job I'd say. Music? And water looked great

I got up early this morning and took this video. My P3S was at the edge of it's range but it hung in there. This was my first attempt with the 'point of interest' feature. The castle is a perfect subject. It was 18 degrees, brrr, but I kept the gear warm until take-off and had no issues. Feedback is greatly appreciated. I think, in general, it's overexposed. I also don't like the way video looks when I turn. A little too jerky. Hopefully I'll learn to turn smoother, or anticipate better, with experience.

Gillete's Castle II

I'd say this was very good for a first video with your P3S. Nice to shoot in the morning when the lighting is interesting. Good job flying back home yourself too! Obviously, some light music would improve the video a lot. With the angle of the sun, it would be difficult to get great overall exposure since part of the castle is in the sun and part in shade. Maybe try it when the sun is a little bit higher where you still get the warm color but the castle is all lit up too? The actual POI looked pretty smooth, but there was definitely some stuttering in the faster rotation towards the end with the water. I think the key with camera movement is to make it slow - you can always speed it up in your video program. Overall very nice!

I really liked your video was that in 2.7k ? The castle was very interesting .
What distance away was it ?

Great video dude. Looks like you got some decent range also?

Where in the world is that castle. Quit stunting and you captured it perfectly.

Thanks for the feedback! Yes the video was shot in 2.7. The distance to the back of the castle in the POI shot (Gillette Castle Park in Connecticut) was 1950 feet and video transmission started breaking up a bit, but only at the furthest point. The castle probably blocked line of sight at that point too. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: rumchaser

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj