First time video editing questions

Reaction score
So I'm fairly good at editing photos but video's are very new to me. I just got my phantom 3 a couple weeks ago and I'm learning davinci resolve's color grading tools. I've attached video I took yesterday from an event. I color graded it in DaVinci. Disclaimer: the camera shots aren't very good. I was getting a layout of the event.
Video settings: D log, -2 everything, auto white balance, ND-16 filter. 24 fps, 1080p, ios 100, shutter speed 50. Mid Day.
1st Question-How does the video look? Please give me any advice your have. To me it doesn't seem very clear. Also some parts are very bright. No matter what I try, it doesn't seem 100% correct.
2nd Question-This was the first time using the ND filter. Is it a little too blurry. Should I have used a higher frame rate with a higher shutter speed for shooting lots of people. ND filters are all new to me.

I would really appreciate your feedback and advice.

Reactions: airwindow
Your image are correct but...

For security reason, i think it's not really a good idea to fly over people like you did.
Maybe film side by side or do a orbital video.

Security is the first thing you have to thing when fly at a event.

It's not bad in the end ... not a all.

Of course that some parts of the recordings will have a brighter parts due to the shooting conditions that are too heavy for camera sensor whose dynamic range is not as in professional camcorders .

Therefore, the key is to adjust the shooting conditions according to equipment we have, and these conditions are far to great to shoot.

The sun is very low ( the shadows of people are very long on the ground ) and people in whites receive maximum illumination , while others that would otherwise be in the shadow receive less light . All this is happening at the grass with its texture detail ... very difficult for the weak sensor and insufficient bitrate for so many details .

Perhaps to try initial camera settings do even more flat with these settings :

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik