First time quad/drone owner!

Reaction score
Hello Phantom guys and girls,

New guy in the Reno Nevada area. I've been doing a lot of research prior to and after my recent purchase of a Phantom 4 which is my first drone. Although I'm new to drones, I do have a decent amount of experience with model helicopters, planes and cars. None were FPV like the Phantom and others like it, so it's a whole new world!

I've registered with the FAA, made all the firmware updates before flying and already flew a few flights. So far so good. I've learned so much and I know I need to learn much more so even if I don't post much, I'll be reading a whole lot.

Welcome BC!
Yes, quads are TONS of fun and VERY addictive!
This forum has alot of very good information available, and there are many many knowledgeable people here.... along with some that are jerks.
You just have to sift through the "noise".

Good that you are registered, although there are some here that think it is a joke and will not register... don't know what the point is but why not be safe rather than sorry?!?!?

Also, if you didn't know about them, the AMA might also be an idea for you to become a member with them.

Congrats on your purchase of your quad... just fly safe/sane, but have TONS of fun!

Welcome BC!
Yes, quads are TONS of fun and VERY addictive!
This forum has alot of very good information available, and there are many many knowledgeable people here.... along with some that are jerks.
You just have to sift through the "noise".

Good that you are registered, although there are some here that think it is a joke and will not register... don't know what the point is but why not be safe rather than sorry?!?!?

Also, if you didn't know about them, the AMA might also be an idea for you to become a member with them.

Congrats on your purchase of your quad... just fly safe/sane, but have TONS of fun!

Thanks for the welcome! Definitely very good information here and sure, there are always "that guy" that doesn't contribute anything productive but that exists everywhere.

Welcome to the forums ! Can't wait to see some nice P4 footage in the audio/video zone :)

Thanks for the welcome. It may be a little bit before I'm producing any videos worth while but I have some good areas to potentially get good footage like lake Tahoe.

I bet your videos will be spectacular of the lake! Just stay safe!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav