First time putting a video together

Reaction score
My first time putting a video together. Have never edited or done something like this. Just thought I would share it. Just thought I would see how it goes

Reactions: DirtyHarry
I think the video footage and editing is decent enough, but the music, as much as I love green day. Nope. Doesn't work. It's supposed to be relaxed and peaceful. Try find songs with no lyrics or minimal lyrics and soft instruments.

Look up a band called "Port Blue", they're perfect for this kinda stuff :)

Happy flying!

Thanks very much. Yeah picked the song since it fit pretty close to the length of the video. Was still trying to figure out the whole iMovie thing with my mac.

I'm pretty new to this myself but I have made some successful videos, and what i do first is choose a song, that fits the theme of the area etc and what I'm filming.

Then I trim and split my clips into video that match the song length or similar and usually fade out the song.

Here's a video I made today to give you an example :) I hope it helps!

I'd say you want to avoid small quick moves. It makes the viewer think you are moving to correct the shot. Makes it seem like there is a mistake in the filming. Something else you can use to switch from one clip to another and when you use music with a beat is to change on those beats when possible.

I was trying to figure out how to line it up with the beats. Again, I just need more time with iMovie to get accustom to it. Hopefully over time I will get better at it.

Thanks very much. Yeah picked the song since it fit pretty close to the length of the video. Was still trying to figure out the whole iMovie thing with my mac.

I agree with NotPennysBoat. The flight and edit were good, but I wouldn't choose a Green Day Song. Don't worry about the length of the song or video. You can always end a song early with a fade. I usually pick a song before starting to edit a video. I sometimes spend hours looking for the song that will give my videos the sound and look I'm going for. Also - when you have a song already picked out, you can edit your video to "work" with the song. Here is an example:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj