First time pilot Phantom 4 problem

Reaction score
Hi,

I apologize if this has been discussed but I could not find a similar topic. I have the latest DJI GO app installed on my Android phone (cellular and wifi). I have successfully connected and updated the latest firmware. Today, I went to try to fly for the first time and I had a problem connecting to the P4. I would get a No Signal on my status bar and when I clicked that, it stated I need to update the aircraft firmware. What was also strange was the GO app thought I had a P3 connected and I could not change that. I cancelled the flying attempts and I tried to connect at home. Firmware status up to date and camera works. I tried first without WiFi and had the same problem. Tried updating with DJI Assistant 2 and it kept failing. Tried through the DJI GO app with my home WiFi back on and it tells me everything is fine. is there something I'm missing when trying to connect with my smart phone? Is there a WiFi connection I need to make with the P4 when i'm not at home? I thought the first time I did connect but no longer get that WiFi choice. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and look forward to sharing vid's

Tim

I think I may have figured it out. I was not executing the right sequence for powering on? I was turning on RC, then P4, then launching app. I changed that to turning on RC, then launching App, then the P4. seemed to power up with all systems normal. however, it is dark, a strong wind and close quarters. Promising results tho.

So its working fine now?

I would like to ask which version of firmwares do you use?

Ppl have had some problems with new firmwares especially the order with updates. Don't know why but if u update RC before aircraft u might get some problems with signals and so on.

So its working fine now?

I would like to ask which version of firmwares do you use?

Ppl have had some problems with new firmwares especially the order with updates. Don't know why but if u update RC before aircraft u might get some problems with signals and so on.

Hi Zerome,

I will be trying it out soon. Foul weather yesterday and high winds today. if they calm down later today i will test it out. Hopefully in the next couple of days. I'll post results once I do.

Tim

Rain and high winds for next few days. I can't wait to fly but I need to be patient. This gives me time to absorb the great discussions on this forum. I did connect to my tablet and camera connected, everything seems as should be. Patience and hopefully will fly soon. Still a virgin pilot

This evening I successfully flew for the first time. Took it up a few times, tried out the Active Tracking with all options on and worked great. POI worked great. I did not set way points yet but I think that is going to be very helpful for video shoots. I will need to learn optimal camera settings and gimbal speed. not so smooth panning and tilting with joystick. Everything worked fine and i must say i'm thrilled. Need a couple more batteries, maybe range extender. I did notice the video feed had some pixel scrambling at times but the recorded video was very nice.

Power on sequence seemed to be my problem.can't wait for some nicer weather.

I went up to about 250 feet and out 500. That was enough for me now. I was a little nervous but felt more relaxed once I got the feel for how quick the response was to the stick commands.

The RTH command...that is awesome.

construction-menomonee.jpg
sunset1.jpg

Reactions: Sim597
Nice to hear that everything is fine now! Here in Finland batteries are really hard to get at this moment, all are sold out and have to wait aprox. 2 weeks.. =/ Need to get 2 more batteries when those are available.

Great pics! did u took them from video? Just thinking why the quality is little bit poor.

Added one picture from flight few days ago.

Attachments

• DJI_0008.jpg
    DJI_0008.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 494
Yes, screen shot from video. I have not set up camera yet. The weather was a little hazy also. Optimizing camera and video quality is my next goal. It is going to be fun flying this thing. I will check out the image when I get home.

Oh yeah, I will buy two more batteries soon. Oh, I see the image now. A little dark on my phone. Where in Finland? I don't see any snow ;-)

Here in Helsinki snow melted away about 1 month ago but in lapland snow depth is still about 80cm :p

and yeh.. picture is too dark.. i realized that after i posted that picture, my monitor settings were bad for photoshop and of course result is pretty much wrong :D

Hi,

I apologize if this has been discussed but I could not find a similar topic. I have the latest DJI GO app installed on my Android phone (cellular and wifi). I have successfully connected and updated the latest firmware. Today, I went to try to fly for the first time and I had a problem connecting to the P4. I would get a No Signal on my status bar and when I clicked that, it stated I need to update the aircraft firmware. What was also strange was the GO app thought I had a P3 connected and I could not change that. I cancelled the flying attempts and I tried to connect at home. Firmware status up to date and camera works. I tried first without WiFi and had the same problem. Tried updating with DJI Assistant 2 and it kept failing. Tried through the DJI GO app with my home WiFi back on and it tells me everything is fine. is there something I'm missing when trying to connect with my smart phone? Is there a WiFi connection I need to make with the P4 when i'm not at home? I thought the first time I did connect but no longer get that WiFi choice. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and look forward to sharing vid's

Tim

Well, the same problem came back. When I powered on and connected, DJI GO thought I had a P3 connected. Pucked around with it a bunch, firmware up to date. The only thing I could figure out worked was the SD card. Every time it thought I was a P3, I had a ScanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB card loaded. Took it out and put in a ScanDisk Ultra and now I'm flying a P4 again. Not sure if it is that my video mode was set to UHD and I had the Extreme in? or not formatted?

Well, then I flew with the Utra card in and was great, except my recorded video was completely white. Like saturated with white light. I think it was on D-Cinelike or something. No worries. Any good suggestions for camera setting would be appreciated. I watched Tom Tech dude, ya, and just didn't write down any of his tips. so, still flying. only getting about 15-17 minutes of battery time.

I still get the same problem. I put a ScanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB card into my P4, DJI GO app thinks it's a P3. Anyone have this problem? DJI? Hello?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4