First time Litchi user this weekend... Any immediate concerns?

Reaction score
Been using the DJI Go app for my Phantom 3 standard on whatever firmware I bought it with last winter. Have not done any firmware updates due to hearing scary stories...

That being said...
1) If I have been happy with the firmware that I have been using.. do you recommend upgrading yet? (Lets look at this from a user point of view... and not a DJI 'support' point of view...

2) Will Litchi do anything with firmware updates or yell at me for having firmware out of date?

3) Any immediate words of wisdom for a first time Litchi user? My primary focus for getting the software was to be able to slap my Galaxy s7 into my virtual goggles and drive it around that way, vs... trying to keep my phone in the shade, out of the sun... having a hard time seeing the screen....

Other than that.. I bought it last weekend and plan to use it this weekend.

First and foremost, read the manual.

Help - Litchi

Also read the entire page on the link above before you read the manual. Pay special attention to any "known issue" sign on that page. Other than that, fly and have fun!

I've posted this before and will just repeat what I said. Litchi and the flight computer in your bird, will do their best to carry out exactly what you told it to do. Unfortunately this may not be what you wanted it to do. The mission hub is very convenient, but be sure to verify every waypoint especially Altitude settings. A default waypoint of 0 has caused grief to many. Do trials with just a handful of waypoints to see how the bird actually behaves. I use Litchi as an adjunct to the Go app, rather than one or the other exclusively.
Let us know how it goes and be sure to ask questions, as somebody here can get you an answer.

You have some more reading to do, Try a search here. There were some problems reported with the P3 standard on earlier firmware with litchi. If I recall correctly it would not initiate RTH on lost signal- would just hover untill the battery hit critical and auto land. Only with some flight modes though.

You have some more reading to do, Try a search here. There were some problems reported with the P3 standard on earlier firmware with litchi. If I recall correctly it would not initiate RTH on lost signal- would just hover untill the battery hit critical and auto land. Only with some flight modes though.
Uh.. yeah. That could be a deal breaker. I will try searching some. If this is even remotely possible... Yeah.. there is no way I am using it for anything far away...

I've used Litchi on my P3S for over a year. Never had an issue at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj