First time flying my P3A today

Reaction score
Finally set up my P3A today and took her out for her first flights. No problems to report however, winds were 15-20mph and I was not feeling to comfortable with this being my first time. Got her up to around 120ft and kept her within range of carefully watching how it handled. Need to get more familiar with how one knows which direction it's facing when looking to change position. I know the controls work in reverse when it's coming towards you, I just need to understand how to figure this out when not too close by. By the way, this was quite an experience!!!

Need to get more familiar with how one knows which direction it's facing when looking to change position.
The aircraft symbol (red triangle) at the bottom, left of the DJI GO app shows you which direction your Phantom is facing. You can change between the map view and radar view. Just click the small target symbol at the top, right of the mini map to switch to the radar.

Radar.jpg

When using the radar view (on the right above), your position will always be in the center of the radar.

Last edited:
Reactions: CCDD and ATPhoto
Finally set up my P3A today and took her out for her first flights. No problems to report however, winds were 15-20mph and I was not feeling to comfortable with this being my first time. Got her up to around 120ft and kept her within range of carefully watching how it handled. Need to get more familiar with how one knows which direction it's facing when looking to change position. I know the controls work in reverse when it's coming towards you, I just need to understand how to figure this out when not too close by. By the way, this was quite an experience!!!
Get familiarized with the use of radar. That's so helpful during flights. If you are new to flying, practice flying in shape of 8 at heights of say 100' if it is higher than the height of the tallest nearby obstruction. Most mishaps happen with hitting trees or buildings. Start flying with 100% charged batteries and start landing at 30% or more.

Reactions: CCDD

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik