First time crash.. What to check?

Reaction score
So after about 10 or so uneventful flights I crashed my p3a in the backyard. I got to close to a tree branch and clipped it with a prop. I was probably about 10 ft high and the aircraft flipped upside down and fell to the ground. Landed on the top. The only damage I can visibly see is one part of the frame is out of alignment, everything else appeared to be OK. I checked it over pretty good and did an imu calibration and flew it again. All seems to be OK that I can tell. Any suggestions or anything specific I should check. Is it worth taking the frame apart to realign/clip it back in place? It is pretty minor deviation in one spot located about midway on one of the arms. Thanks.

I would recommend putting it back the way it belongs. being separated could be putting stress on the arm. This video shows how they come apart, it should give you enough information to take the correct screws out of the arm and snap the case back together.

Post a picture if you can. It would help.

I would check the GPS antenna. Make sure it is exactly where it is supposed to be on the board.

In fact, since the lid is off anyway, I would check everything.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl