First snow of the 2015/2016 season

Reaction score
Flying during the snow storm just a little wet out but the P2 performed flawlessly.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You do realise that snow is just frozen water so when snowflakes contact the warm/hot electric motors that it melts and the result is pretty much the same as flying in the rain? It only takes one flake to get in the motors and that will do damage. To say nothing of the good chance that one or more flakes of snow can get inside the shell through the vents and cause moisture damage to the circuitry.
Just sayin'. I would at least dry out the motors after flying.

You do realise that snow is just frozen water so when snowflakes contact the warm/hot electric motors that it melts and the result is pretty much the same as flying in the rain? It only takes one flake to get in the motors and that will do damage. To say nothing of the good chance that one or more flakes of snow can get inside the shell through the vents and cause moisture damage to the circuitry.
Just sayin'. I would at least dry out the motors after flying.

Sorry but you read to many horror articles in these forums.

I agree, i already had the misfortune of getting my ar drone wet for only 15 secs, now i am in rebuild mode very costly, i wont take a chance with my phantom 1.1.1. I wanted to fly today but my wife said the same thing snow is just frozen water do u wanna take that chance. Didnt take much thought to make up my mind what to do, wait till tomorrow when snow os done.

I agree, i already had the misfortune of getting my ar drone wet for only 15 secs, now i am in rebuild mode very costly, i wont take a chance with my phantom 1.1.1. I wanted to fly today but my wife said the same thing snow is just frozen water do u wanna take that chance. Didnt take much thought to make up my mind what to do, wait till tomorrow when snow os done.

This isn't the first time flying in a snow storm but it was shooting in 4K (down-rezed to 1080p). Spent about 10 minutes flying but really only needed a minute for this video.

Sorry but you read to many horror articles in these forums.

I too have many flights in winter wonderland type stuff. not in a snow storm but out in basic flurries many times and never an issue.
I think these things are far tougher than many give credit for...
If I had videos of every crash....I would have lots! and they are still flying.

our first snow is due any day

Thank you. Weended up 10 1/2 inches of heavy wet snow

I too have many flights in winter wonderland type stuff. not in a snow storm but out in basic flurries many times and never an issue.
I think these things are far tougher than many give credit for...
If I had videos of every crash....I would have lots! and they are still flying.

our first snow is due any day

All the ESC modules have coating as do the components on the main board except for the naza module. The motors are nothing but magnets, stators and coated copper wire. But most have a fear of flying in the while it's snowing. Did it get wet? Yes. Did I have to pack it in rice? No.Did it fly the next day? Yes. Did chicken little make a comment? Well I don't know if I'd call him chicken little but there was a negative comment about flying in frozen water.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.