First serious crash

Reaction score
Since replacing a burnt out ESC in the lower left arm after a tip over during my second flight last year before Christmas, the quad has been flying like a charm for about 20-25 consistent flights over 2 batteries. Not until two days ago, when I decided to be a smartass and take off without getting a GPS lock under fairly strong wind conditions.

As I took off, I forgot about a small tree being right next to me and watched in horror as the wind blew it in the direction of the tree and watched helplessly as it smacked into the small tree and then fell into a pile of vegetation below it. Upon impact, the battery freaking flew out and landed right in front of me.

All I did was just to throttle up on the left stick and not even touching the right stick it at all as this horror unfolded in front of my eyes. I totally misjudged the wind coming in from the other direction.

Hurried to check on my quad, it's lower left arm is dented upwards, resulting in its props hitting the body now whenever it spins, prop now chipped off on that side, while the other 3 arms and props are still okay. Tried to power up again, it works, all four motors are spinning, except that the LED on the lower left arm is not working anymore. Camera and gimbal are seriously untouched, no scratches, dents, nothing. Gimbal tilt works as per normal, wifi feed is fine and GPS is okay too, detecting satellites above me.

So, the question is, will getting a replacement shell solve that LED problem on the left lower arm?

Due to the extremely small market here, I went to almost every RC hobby store I googled of yesterday, and none of the shops have the replacement shell for my P2V+ V3, all told me it was out of stock. that really sucks :(

Only one shop gave me a glimpse of hope saying that stock is coming in about 2 weeks. I'll just have to wait and see.

Meanwhile, here's a couple pictures of the damage sustained in my quad.

Attachments

• 1327.jpg
    1327.jpg
    927.5 KB · Views: 490
  • 1328.jpg
    1328.jpg
    891.5 KB · Views: 472
  • 1329.jpg
    1329.jpg
    1,019.6 KB · Views: 481
You can purchase a replacement shell on Amazon. Shipping will be super quick if you choose 1-day shipping.

Perhaps those LEDs are out due to a loose wire. Did you open your Phantom to check?

Last edited:
Just be careful loosening the motor screws. The bend will stress out the threads when loosening. Try and compress the so the gap minimises so you don't damage the motor mounts. It will be a pain in the *** unsoldering and getting a motor replaced just because of the threads.

msinger said:
You can purchase a replacement shell on Amazon at:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IUC ... 3PI6MSR4CF

Shipping will be super quick if you choose 1-day shipping.

Perhaps those LEDs are out due to a loose wire. Did you open your Phantom to check?

i'm not in USA, i'm in Asia so I guess shipping will probably take about a month.

I don't dare to open it up for few I might damage the components inside

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31