First RTH - Can someone look at the video and tell me if I lost or it crashed

Reaction score
Hi,

So here I am again with my first RTH... I recorded the screen on my cell phone. Can someone tell me if this is normal behavior of a lost RC signal (like the app closing and get ''disconnected'' or did my app just crashed making me lose the connection ?

Thanks

First of all please understand, DJI Go App or any other app crash doesn't mean your RC lost connection with your P3.

Mz,

Based on your recording, you were having some intermittent video transmission issues, no big deal. Then, as Alok stated, the app crashed. Just because the app crashed does not mean you don't still have a good "control" signal. The control signal is different from the video transmission signal (the app or your phone). You probably still had a control signal you just lost connection with the app, the app crashed.

I would do two things in a case like this. First, as you did, I would reboot the app, then you could attempt to tap on the top center banner where it says "disconnected" and see if it reconnects. If not, pull the USB cable from your device or RC and plug it back in again. That should reconnect your Phone to the bird.

Just remember, even if the app crashes you probably still have control. If you can see the bird, you can bring it back in by sight or by initiating an RTH as you did. Hope that helps.

Jerry

Yep. Just what these guy above said. I have had the app freeze and the tablet reboot twice.
1st time I initiated RTH. Success.
2nd time. I just let the tablet reboot. Unplugged and replugged the usb and started go app. It was just hovering 200ft up
and 1000ft away. Waiting for orders. (video recording to sd card the whole time.)

The green light on the remote indicates connection with craft.
If it is red, connection is lost and it should have initiated RTH.

MZ3bo. Just out of curiosity. What device (pad/phone) are you using. Also what screen recorder?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4