First Roof Top / Terrace Flight Wembley - London

No filter was used not even the default dji filter. The lens was completely open.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice video, but you seriously need to check the rules and regulations of where you can and can't fly a drone in the UK.

ce581e8fc25c664823974558105bf139.jpg

I guess this is what you are referring to.. Those conditions were all met and was not an over crowded area. Thanks for this though

Not entirely clear though.. 50m away from buildings/structure. Altitude or linear distance?
*will look into that and update theead...

You took off from a building, so you were within 50m of that building and the ones surrounding it and then flying over houses, I hate to think what you consider to be a congested area.

The definition of a 'congested area' is defined by the CAA as 'in relation to a city, town or settlement, means any area which is substantially used for residential, industrial, commercial or recreational purposes.'

I'm not trying to be a keyboard warrior, just trying to help.

Nice video but unfortunately a few laws were broken. Its a shame they are still so restrictive for us in the uk. I think a weight class based restriction should be used. Anything under 2kg should be: no flying higher than 120m, max 500m range, visual line of sight only, 30m away from objects or people not under the pilots control and remove the congested area restriction. At the moment, to fly without the PFAW we are virtually limited to rural areas but there are becoming more and more "city fliers". The CAA could do with revising it soon.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's a bit confusing cos if I can fly on my back garden then I can fly on/from my terrace. See link below... What's your thought?

Drone laws in the UK – what are the rules?

thats the thing, if you dont have your permission from the CAA you cant even fly in your own back yard, not unless its 150m from any other dwelling, industrial or recreational area. basically if you live out in the countryside.

Flying in local parks or countryside if no one around is not a problem if you follow the rules no higher than 120meters and visual flight up to 500 meters .

Phantom 3 Advanced
::::: Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app:::::

Reactions: Malakai
Flying in local parks or countryside if no one around is not a problem if you follow the rules no higher than 120meters and visual flight up to 500 meters .

Phantom 3 Advanced
::::: Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app:::::

I agree, I practice at our local park sometimes, from the middle of the park its 150m from anything. I keep well away from the play areas because of the data protection act, sure they look like ants but I really don't want to attract the wrong kind of attention. If anyone comes walking across the fields I bring the aircraft in and land but most of the time they tend to be walking around the edges of the fields. I get the odd walker come over and have a chat about the aircraft. The crazy thing is everyone one I have spoken to are completely unaware of the heavy restrictions on us. They assume I could fly anywhere as long as it was safe and not spying on anyone and when I send the aircraft back up to show them what they can actually see then they are blown away. The concern of being spied on disappears and the amazement of a birds eye view gobsmacks them.

Just remember to fly safe, you are setting an example for all of us and we want to be seen in the best light.

This is the biggest problem you have, you are right in the flight path for Heathrow when they are on westerlies...!!! Which would be a major problem and could result in being spotted and reported... ;)

Westerlies-YourHeathrow.jpg

The DPA covers a very broad spectrum of what you can do and should do. It doesn't really say a lot about what you can't do. Within the DPA there's a great deal about the use of surveillance cameras and CCTV, but as general UAV hobbyist we're not about to go scouring the streets videoing everyone from 30ft. There's an exemption in the DPA for news teams and anyone filming for artistic purposes, isn't the latter just what we're doing? The average flyer would probably take their bird up to 100+ft to film, no on can be recognised at ground level then. But!! Has anyone seen any regs on the use of dash-cams where you have people only a few feet in front of you i.e pedestrians.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl