First Real Flight Nerves

Reaction score
Finally got my first real flight with my ps3a. What a bag of nerves I was. I had sick feeling too. What a numpty. Was so relieved when I landed it too. Only went for a few yards along the beach and back. Think it is best to do short and often flights to get used to it.

I read earlier about common mistakes and I think the main thing I found was I was trying to watch the phantom rather than the iPad. :). Can't wait to get back out again.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Thebigman
Lol a few yards, wait till you go a few thousand yards then you'll be a bag of nerves, you'll get the bug and with each flight you'll go out further and further eventually beyond beginner mode and out into the wilderness, there's been times I haven't seen my aircraft for 20mins, it's such a relief to see it come back from the horizon

Lol a few yards, wait till you go a few thousand yards then you'll be a bag of nerves, you'll get the bug and with each flight you'll go out further and further eventually beyond beginner mode and out into the wilderness, there's been times I haven't seen my aircraft for 20mins, it's such a relief to see it come back from the horizon
Wow 20 minutes, that's amazing... I have a stupid question. Ive never flown a drone. How do you get back when you don't see it? With the RTH button, or looking at your monitor?

Flight Nerves?
That's good, means that you are enjoying it, that's the best part. It is what makes it fun..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You're not making a mistake watching the bird. Learn how to fly your phantom by watching it exclusively for most of your flight. When you get comfortable in time, you can look at the app more.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20