First phantom 3 video attempt. Harvest

Nice video, real farming and getting the feed ready. New technology and new storage ?

I don't have rights, this is for personal use only
Once published on Youtube, it is "public use" and not "personal use". Just say this for you to avoid any (big) problems, especially with The Beatles... just remember how long Apple had to struggle to have The Beatles in their store !
Anyway, nice video ;)

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Once published on Youtube, it is "public use" and not "personal use". Just say this for you to avoid any (big) problems, especially with The Beatles... just remember how long Apple had to struggle to have The Beatles in their store !
Anyway, nice video ;)
Thanks for the info. Is there a way/place to upload just so I can share on a forum like this. I only uploaded to YouTube because I can't upload directly here.

Publishing on Youtube, hosted on this forum or on a web server at your home doesn't change anything : once shared across the net it is public.

Even if nothing is being promoted? I don't sell my services nor is there any mention of the farm for advertising. While I'm sure you're technically correct I can't see this being worth prosecution if there's clearly no money to gain from it.

Put the video on you tube then in the edit section the have a huge range of license free audio that you can add post editing. If there is protected music you tubes computers pick it up and sends it to the license holder who decides if they allow the video or not. I wouldn't worry either way. I add it in you tube as it's the simplest. Quickest and safest way. Great vid.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm very new to this stuff but good to know if I decide to try and sell services or just want to help a friend with advertising. I'll try the YouTube post edit music selection next time.

You wont like my answer : commercial use or not also doesn't change anything.
Nobody can use copyrighted material (music, pictures, ...)
You can use classical music or free music : there are a lot of websites where you can find music for your videos. Sometimes, you have to pay 2 or 3$ but you are granted the right to use the music for non commercial purposes on any website you want.
The guys who manage The Beatles catalog have absolutely no sense of humour or comprehension.

I always pay a special attention to what I use in my videos. On the same way, I'm not happy when I see some of my pictures being used anywhere without at least asking me... in this case the "user" receives a letter from my lawyer...

Should I delete the video? I don't need a silly court case when this is solely for personal enjoyment. My friends family has wanted nice footage of this yearly family orientated process and I was glad to help. No money involved or intentions of use for farm advertising. If that was the case I would have chose generic music.

First of all, be sure I didn't intend to make you afraid. The purpose was educative only !
If I was you, I would change the music for a free one and republish (on Vimeo you can upload a new file without changing the link but I don't know for YouTube).
I often use bensound.com for free music but there are others.
Hope this helps you ;)

First of all, be sure I didn't intend to make you afraid. The purpose was educative only !
If I was you, I would change the music for a free one and republish (on Vimeo you can upload a new file without changing the link but I don't know for YouTube).
I often use bensound.com for free music but there are others.
Hope this helps you ;)
Much appreciated!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1