First P4P-firmware concerns

Reaction score
I have not yet set up my Phantom 4 pro. I am reading lots of concerns with firmware updates. Is there a way to select which version each firmware is updated to? What versions are considered safe for controller,app,drone, and batteries? Instructions for selecting versions would be great. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: CLE photos
Is there a way to select which version each firmware is updated to?
It's usually possible to select specific versions when using the DJI Assistant 2 application or the DJI GO app like this. Some firmware versions don't play well together though, so you should not attempt to mix old and new versions unless you know what you're doing. It would be safest to either keep the firmware as-is and ignore the prompts to update the firmware or update the firmware on everything.

I always update the firmware after it has been available for at least a few days and no issues have been reported. While it's no secret that some people have problems updating it, I've never run into any issues. The concerns posted in this forum are not a good representation of the overall success of those people that have attempted to install updates, so you should not let that sway your decision.

+1 on always updating to the latest firmware. I haven't been burned yet... Knock on wood.

I have always updated to new firmware. Last one, could not find "pano mode" but aircraft working well although changed all my settings in photographs and video. I have a P4P+ and I cannot find anywhere that the new firmware update does not support the P4P+. Am I the only one or are there others in the same boat?

I have always updated to new firmware. Last one, could not find "pano mode" but aircraft working well although changed all my settings in photographs and video. I have a P4P+ and I cannot find anywhere that the new firmware update does not support the P4P+. Am I the only one or are there others in the same boat?

Us P4P+ owners are at the mercy of DJI. They haven't released an update for us that includes the pano mode

Updated my p4p last week worked great! I haven’t flown mine much lately due to cold and windy conditions. But I love the new panorama modes. Only thing I could ask for yet (although I don’t need it much at all) is live actual height from ground reading as seen on the Mavic pro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen