First major crash.

Reaction score
Well had my first major crash today while filming the aftermath of last nights ice storm. Filmed the power company's work crews. By our Junior High school then on to the edge of town 5527 feet and a height of 429 feet. Everything thing was going great on the return flight then about 2700 feet away my bird started to rapidly descend and at 2180 feet she had dropped all most 200 feet and all connection was lost a second. RTH was initiated and at 1900 feet I lost visual with my binoculars. So after 10 minutes I drove to find her. Checked flight logs and last GPS and tracked her path she should have taken. So after 45 minutes I found her in a backyard with power and lights blinking right on the flight path she should have taken about 75 yards from last known position. One broken prop, camera and gimbal bracket broke on bottom of the Phantom. Got home camera works, a few scapes but still flyable after bracket fix. So enjoy the video. I sure did. Lmao...

Any ideas why the rapid decent and signal loss??? New Firmware I updated too???

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Did you initiate the RTH or did the Phantom?

AD

If it was on the correct RTH path I would absolutely agree with Pharm and say prop icing. I too went out and did some filming of the ice storm but I kept my flight pretty short. Went up to 400 feet, took some pics and came back down.

I thought we were limited to 400 feet in the air by the DJI GO app (USA)? I wonder if the people in that house heard the drone hit their roof? LOL. Luckily, it didn't hit a person or go through a window. Don't mean to sound like a ****, but you should really be more careful man.

Temp outside was 38 degrees with [emoji817] humidity. Lots of moisture in the air so I'm sure it was prop icing. Oh yeah watch the video she hit the house. But if you watch the video the bird went over a building, between two iced trees and below 6 power lines the flew over the first house lost altitude, gained some to make it over the second house then slammed into the third houses roof.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Alphaboy1
Vikassi in the DJI Go app the max height is 500 meters or 1640 feet. I had mine set at max height of 1640 feet.

Oh no way, you can go over 400' up? I know the phantom can do it, but I always thought the DJI app prevented you from going higher than 400', per the FAA? There's no automatic restrictions on that if you use the DJI app in the USA?

How do I upload my flight log from my iPhone???

Connect your phone to your computer, open iTunes. Then in iTunes, manage your iPhone. Go to Apps, scroll down to file sharing apps, then choose the DJI app, on the right hand side, choose flight records, scroll down some more and choose, save to. Save it on your computer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20