First GS iPad flight

Reaction score
First impression: awesome! Auto pilot on steroids.

The degradation of depth perception and ability to process spatial information at distance is really augmented with GS. You can pick a point on Google maps and fly there with near pin-point precision, even if your brain thinks you are flying off the edge of the planet :)

I'll be augmenting my scenic aerial cinematography with this new tool for sure. FPV is great, but there is nothing like pinpoint map waypoints to help position the quad for a shoot.

It is pretty awesome! I agree! Just keep being careful to be smart about your routes. I had some great flights early because I was being super careful and then got fast and loose with my planning later and had a couple wrecks... Have fun!

Buckaye said:
It is pretty awesome! I agree! Just keep being careful to be smart about your routes. I had some great flights early because I was being super careful and then got fast and loose with my planning later and had a couple wrecks... Have fun!

Roger that. Altitude is my friend I gather from some of the war stories here.

Edit: I realized after posting below that you guys are on the ipad GS not the Vision+app.

My main issue with the GS part of the app is difficulty in placing waypoints accurately on the touch screen. I'm using a 7" Samsung Galaxy 4 pad. Too bad there isn't a cursor on the screen that could be positioned precisely to drop waypoints. Entering waypoints via GPS coordinates would be another method perhaps.
The GS seems to work fine otherwise.

npalen said:
Edit: I realized after posting below that you guys are on the ipad GS not the Vision+app.

My main issue with the GS part of the app is difficulty in placing waypoints accurately on the touch screen. I'm using a 7" Samsung Galaxy 4 pad. Too bad there isn't a cursor on the screen that could be positioned precisely to drop waypoints. Entering waypoints via GPS coordinates would be another method perhaps.
The GS seems to work fine otherwise.

You can pinch to zoom in to the Google map and set waypoints pretty accurately actually.

(On the iPad GS app at least)

Did it yesterday in a small field, worked great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues