First foray into drone photography with my new-used P2V

Reaction score
Hello! I got the drone bug this week and wound up picking up a used Phantom 2 Vision from a friend who'd been afflicted with the firmware update plague. With the disclosed flaw, he sold it to me for $140, and the helpful people on this forum were able to connect me with the parts I need to get the camera going again.

In the meanwhile, I've improvised a photography setup for the drone that's reasonably functional:

7iYVkCU.jpg

Few grams heftier than the original camera, and certainly not as good, but still ten times the drone I could've gotten new for the price. I can't complain!

Lacking remote control, I just set the phone to record a video and later snapshot what I want out of it. The results aren't AMAZING but it's fun!

Here're my favorite shots so far:

O40GLdC.jpg

8FRhQFf.jpg

FMssJO1.jpg

vRVLUOo.jpg

wdklkOU.jpg

pn3bv4M.jpg
PT4Qo2o.png

Parts to get the P2V working are rare the camera, thats the hardest part to get as they are as rare as hens teeth and those that are out there are very pricey as the seller knows there worth, a lot of people ran an update on the extender which bricked the camera, I can see you have the top gimbal assembly but cant see if you have the part that normally supports the camera, if not your going to need that as well, also there should be a white cable that ends in a 4 pin jack plug, is that on it, if not again you will need to source one, Ask J Dot on here as he has a lot of spares, but for my money I would probably just use it as it is for fun and get a P3A for the serious work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1