First flight!!!

Reaction score
Wow!! Absolute joy to fly!!! Finally cleared up so we took it up and what an experience!! First time flying a drone and her maiden flight. Even let my son take over the controls for a bit and he loved it. Was a little worried about landing her but it was a smooth as silk. Controls seemed more responsive than I expected. Very happy with my decision to buy one!! I'm sure you guys will get tired of seeing me post lol. Thanks for all the advice and info. Greatly appreciated!! Stay tuned

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: gvsukids
Congratulations on your first flight. It was a scary experience with sweaty palms for most of us, too, but the Phantoms fly pretty nice and builds up your confidence pretty fast. Just don't get over confident. Always be mindful of your flight surroundings, battery conditions, GPS, etc. and you'll have plenty of enjoyable and safe flights. Reading these forums, most crashes continue to be folks who smack into trees, buildings, fail to see obstacles, or dunk it in water. Always keep those in mind. Good flyin'.

Reactions: nemoishouse
Yeah just simply don't fly around trees are building. I'm a skilled flyer and I've crashed a lot in the trees.also on the landing, even though they land on flat surface is perfectly almost every time, I would still suggest getting a lanyard, and hitting the land button on your app, then let your controller hang on your neck while you stand under the drone and catch it by hand. Hold it still for two seconds and the motors will shut off. I almost always hand catch, but I've landed on flat ground successfully many times and I've also tipped my bird over ruined many props as well as getting discouraged about my skills when landing on the ground

Yeah just simply don't fly around trees are building. I'm a skilled flyer and I've crashed a lot in the trees.also on the landing, even though they land on flat surface is perfectly almost every time, I would still suggest getting a lanyard, and hitting the land button on your app, then let your controller hang on your neck while you stand under the drone and catch it by hand. Hold it still for two seconds and the motors will shut off. I almost always hand catch, but I've landed on flat ground successfully many times and I've also tipped my bird over ruined many props as well as getting discouraged about my skills when landing on the ground
I've seen some vids on hand catching and heard that's the safest way to retrieve them. Def gonna keep that in mind. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirtybum
I hand catch mine every time I fly its really easy. Grab it by the landing gear and pull down the left stick till the motors stop.
Let it hover 20 feet above you,then hit the land button in the app, it will just descend slowly,when you grab it and hold it still & the motors will shut off automatically

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers