First Flight

W

wulster

Well folks got my P3A yesterday and took it out for its first flight today. Nervous and excited but was really fun. Just flew around a bit trying to get used to the controls and doing automatic and manual take off and lands. Did lose video transmission a few times and my iPhone 6s Plus switched of a few times. Got some video footage too, I just have to learn how to download and edit, open to suggestions on how I should do that. Batteries back on charge for another practice session tomorrow.

Reactions: Reed L
To download your video, just remove the mini SD card from the phantom and using an adapter, insert it into your computer. Then it is available for copying using windows explorer just like any other drive. Editing software is whatever you choose after that. There are some free ones online. I prefer PowerDirector by Cyberlink.

Reactions: wulster
Hi, congrats on the awesome new drone, and "well come on in" to the forum. Hahaha
There are several ways to transfer the files from your sd card to home computer. I use an sd card adapter, & these are usually supplied when you buy a micro sd card. Not sure why @dji never shipped one in the kit?
But if your computer doesn't have a slot for an sd card adapter, you can buy an sd card USB device and use that. You also have the option of plugging the gimbal into the USB of your computer with the included cable your drone has. So there are many options to do this. I bought a 64gb micro sd card for my video and still pics, and only use the included sd card for updating the drone firmware.

RedHotPoker

My usual hobby is photography and I am used to Photoshop and Lightroom. Not used to video editing and also I use a Mac. I have copied footage from SD card so just need to find an apple compatible programme to edit my footage.

Adobe Premiere Elements installed on my HP here, but I downloaded iMovie just to have a look at its inner workings... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: wulster
Made my first video using iMovie, looks good but file size is big unless quality is dropped. Now need to set up a YouTube account so I can share/show the videos.

Do an account on Vimeo too. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Vimeo?....

I have so much to learn, and all I thought I had to worry about was up/down & left/right..........

Reactions: Great_Lakes

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj