First Flight

Reaction score
first flight.... tomorrow LOL Re read the manual several more times did the update dang that constant beeping was driving me crazy, played around with the simulator, I have been flying drones for about a year.. well the cheap ones from costco LOL, go that set up the way i like it..

Bummer the SD card I got did not work same specs as the 8gig just says invalid card.. got to figure that out..

The phone came broke one of the screws broke off...and so i ordered a metal version hopefully better !

I got the DBS mod in today also going to fly it tomorrow stock kill the batteries and then do the mod..

I think thats is for now... just play around with the app and figure things out, oh i will do my compass calibrations before flight set my RTH... think i may use that checklist !! oh yeah put on the props LMFAO.

Wish me luck !

Don't need the DBS mod. I got over 8000' bone stock. These aren't distance machines. If you want distance, setup a waypoint mission using Litchi.

Well let me say that was pretty fun, the P3S flies just like any quad i have flown but better, more responsive, and quicker. I took it out about 1100ft and lost my nerve so I brought it back home and got used to the controls. I did find that my iPad air 2 while tethered to my iPhone via bluetooth the quad does not like it at all !!! but no big deal worked around it.

I did the update last night. The mobile device holder that came with it, in the package came broke so I ordered another one other then that pretty sweet rig !!!

I currently live in central Ca. where I'm at is know as the salad bowl, and i had the quad so far out i was looking at the farmers picking strawberries. Moving back to New York next month will be fun to see home from a different view point !!

I did find that my iPad air 2 while tethered to my iPhone via bluetooth the quad does not like it at all !!! but no big deal worked around it.

I just posted a new thread about that, sounds like the same issue as yours. Weird that some people seem to use the two together, but looks like ours dont,

don't really need to have an active connection unless you are going to use the follow me... if thats the case I can just use my iPhone 6plus and since its smaller that feature will work better with my phone.

Just burned through the batteries again LOL this time just getting comfortable with the controls, sure is an upgrade from a cheap drone !!

question I hear when it is hovering above me or close to me a whistle sound, not rotor wash but a high pitch whistle, I'm thinking the gimble ..?

I've never heard of Silicon Power brand, I always tend to use one of the well known memory brands, and also always buy from a proper source, far too many fakes floating around.

Can the Phantom cope with a 64gb card?

yeah the phantoms max out at 64 gig, can't get this card to work at all.. formatted, partioned, changed the file system identical to the 8 gig card that came with it

question I hear when it is hovering above me or close to me a whistle sound, not rotor wash but a high pitch whistle, ..?
There was a thread in another forum just yesterday I believe and somebody posted his whistle turned out to be bad bearings in a motor... so be wary...

I had the same SD card issue with my standard, the one that came with it worked but I bought a bigger gig card of the same brand and boom error...tried 4 other cards and same thing...started searching around and saw that theres quite a few people with that issue in the standard...the only brand card that works for mine (and a lot of others) is the Samsung EVO...$20 for the 64gb card @walmart.com.... try it out..if it doesn't work for you just return it...walmarts good like that!

There was a thread in another forum just yesterday I believe and somebody posted his whistle turned out to be bad bearings in a motor... so be wary...

so if it were to drop from the sky would dji cover it?

I had the same SD card issue with my standard, the one that came with it worked but I bought a bigger gig card of the same brand and boom error...tried 4 other cards and same thing...started searching around and saw that theres quite a few people with that issue in the standard...the only brand card that works for mine (and a lot of others) is the Samsung EVO...$20 for the 64gb card @walmart.com.... try it out..if it doesn't work for you just return it...walmarts good like that!

sweet heading there today will pick one up, thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers