First flight!

Reaction score
Just took my vision + for its first flight! Was a bit worried on first start up but it all went really smoothly!

After about ten minutes i went up to approx 250 feet after going 150 a few times. Kept it close though, pretty much above my head. One scary moment where it said lost connection for a split second. I think it was because it was right above my head pretty much and my antenna was upright so it was in the controllers dead zone? Moving it got me back in control and i cam back down anyway. Hopefully as it had 10GPS locks it would have came back to ground if not anyway?

All in all really fun and cant wait to get more confident!

lucky118 said:
Just took my vision + for its first flight! Was a bit worried on first start up but it all went really smoothly!

After about ten minutes i went up to approx 250 feet after going 150 a few times. Kept it close though, pretty much above my head. One scary moment where it said lost connection for a split second. I think it was because it was right above my head pretty much and my antenna was upright so it was in the controllers dead zone? Moving it got me back in control and i cam back down anyway. Hopefully as it had 10GPS locks it would have came back to ground if not anyway?

Congrats and welcome to your new obsession. It would have returned home if it was unable to re-acquire a signal from the controller, if it had home lock before you took off. Always make sure it has lock before you take off.
I completely agree. This is the most fun I've had with a toy for a very long time.

D_Tshudy said:
lucky118 said:

Congrats and welcome to your new obsession. It would have returned home if it was unable to re-acquire a signal from the controller, if it had home lock before you took off. Always make sure it has lock before you take off.
I completely agree. This is the most fun I've had with a toy for a very long time.

yep im sure i had a lock as it was flashing green not yellow. I waited a minute or so before taking off too. Couple of things i did wonder. Will the phantom even if its right above its "home postions" come back down in altitude and land itself?

secondly im abit worried about how the manual states not to accidentally turn the motors off in flight by putting the controls in the motor on/off position, im scared you could easily accidentally hold that position when moving about, surely it realises it has a high altitude and so should not turn the motors off?

But yeh you are right i had great fun and cant wait to test it some more and try some other locations!

lucky118 said:
Will the phantom even if its right above its "home postions" come back down in altitude and land itself?
Yes.
lucky118 said:
secondly im abit worried about how the manual states not to accidentally turn the motors off in flight by putting the controls in the motor on/off position, im scared you could easily accidentally hold that position when moving about, surely it realises it has a high altitude and so should not turn the motors off?
I have never heard of someone shutting down the motors mid flight and having it fall from the sky although I would guess that it has happened. According to the manual, that's what will happen. Just don't do that and you'll be fine. :) It's really an odd stick position to use while flying so don't worry to much.

My son shut down his Phantom FC40 at about 300 feet. Re-started and recovered at about 4 feet... pretty sick, but the boy is twisted. I absolutely confirm the CSC function will shut you down in air... saw it done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20