First flight with the P3P in 4k

Reaction score
Well here is the first flight with my P3P. The experience was awesome, I love it in every way, it is so responsive and is it me or is it quieter? Anyways, then there was the rendering part in Adobe Premiere Pro. I had to tweak it out but I got it working, the files are beast with 4k. To render this video, it took 3 hours! No music, no effects, just the video. Mind you that I have a PC with 3.6 processor, 16GB ram and an i7. Now I think it is time to get an SSD. Over all, I am very impressed with it, my only concern is the distance, I know I will want to go further

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I agree, it's very responsive and I think it's quieter, too. Thanks for sharing your video.

In my opinion, 4K isn't totally necessary unless you're doing specific tasks, such as punching in/out, stabilizing, keyframe panning, camera tracking, etc. I have a FS700 and GH4 for video productions, and I don't always shoot 4K. It really comes down to what the client wants/needs. For just uploading fun videos to YouTube, 4K is overkill. But with that said, I have the P3P and will shoot 4K when needed.

I love my P3P. Fabulous little tool. The only thing I wish that is had would be 1080/120fps. That would make for some awesome time ramping for shooting action sports.

Now if they could just roll out the iOS update...

Looks good! Can't wait to see how my new water cooled beast machine chews up and spits out the 4K from the P3. When I built it in Janurary it was consistantly ranked in the top 5 on the popular benchmark sites, also placed second on one just under some freak Xeon build.

Looks good! Can't wait to see how my new water cooled beast machine chews up and spits out the 4K from the P3. When I built it in Janurary it was consistantly ranked in the top 5 on the popular benchmark sites, also placed second on one just under some freak Xeon build.

Oh crap. I didnt even think about my computer. It was a mid range model about 3 years ago.. which means it is most likely useless!

Nice looking video. Can't believe they put that houses that close to the fairways. FOUR!

Yeah, I dont think I will use 4k at all times even though the video is flawless! I think I am going to get a solid state drive in hopes that it will process it better, well see how that goes!
It's funny, there is fairways like that all over, houses on the fairway and all, getting your window broken is not uncommon lol.

Yeah, I dont think I will use 4k at all times even though the video is flawless! I think I am going to get a solid state drive in hopes that it will process it better, well see how that goes!
It's funny, there is fairways like that all over, houses on the fairway and all, getting your window broken is not uncommon lol.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147374
I'm running these and they are great! Watch for a deal and scoop one.

My computer is "old" too, but I've edited/rendered 4k material with is several times. Editing with raw 4k is painful, but I always use proxy files anyhow and when the edit is done I render it out with the original 4k files. Takes some time but at least the editing workflow is smooth.

Great video btw!

The video is nothing special and I hate that I didnt have music, so boring but thanks. And YES, I want that SSD! Did you notice a big difference after you switched it out?

The video is nothing special and I hate that I didnt have music, so boring but thanks. And YES, I want that SSD! Did you notice a big difference after you switched it out?
From my last build with velociraptors in RAID 0 yes huge improvement. Also watch for the ND/CP lens filters to come out. One of those would have cleaned up the sun and sky in your video.

I love the detail 4k gives you though (1080p vs 4k has a noticeable difference on my retina Macbook, even though the resolution isn't 4k), so will probably always shoot in it.

I noticed that your video is rock steady too - no jello at all which is good to see.

Can't help but notice how they've crammed those houses together with no back gardens - however, still more spacious than new housing developments in the UK though! :)

Reactions: Gearie
From my last build with velociraptors in RAID 0 yes huge improvement. Also watch for the ND/CP lens filters to come out. One of those would have cleaned up the sun and sky in your video.
I'd never heard of ND filters till I saw them being mentioned lots on here. Would it just mean that the bright sun wouldn't have been as overbearing in the video?

I'd never heard of ND filters till I saw them being mentioned lots on here. Would it just mean that the bright sun wouldn't have been as overbearing in the video?

Yup see this video

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I love the detail 4k gives you though (1080p vs 4k has a noticeable difference on my retina Macbook, even though the resolution isn't 4k), so will probably always shoot in it.

I noticed that your video is rock steady too - no jello at all which is good to see.

Can't help but notice how they've crammed those houses together with no back gardens - however, still more spacious than new housing developments in the UK though! :)

That is Sun City, it is a 55 or older community, its beautiful back there too

Crap, forgot about my Computer also! It's a 3 year old iMac 27" I7 w/16Gb and the 3.4Ghz Sandy bridge Quad core. Guess I am going to finally going to have to put in that SSD, thanks for the link and the recommendation. Video looks awesome, just curious, that sudden gimbal flip from 90 to 180 and back at about 3:45, was that a test, a glitch, or the result of a editing cut?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic