first flight with new FW 12/19.. interesting

Reaction score
my PV2 is a pre order and i got it on NOV 5th and never had issues or a crash.

I loaded up the new FW on the main controller and PV and went through all the controls to make sure they were working in the software, and IMU said no cal is needed. I verified battery contacts were clean, and verified internal push pins had spring tension
switched main controller from S1 from GPS\ATTI\RTH to GPS\ATTI\MANUAL
and then i took it out.

Location is just outside seattle, 32 degrees, no wind no precip.

took off in GPS with enough satellites and started recording then held 3 feet and went through all controls, went up to 10 feet and it was circling, so i brought it down and calibrated compass.

seemed to fly ok, so i put it into manual mode to see what that was all about and holy **** it is no joke! you could roll that thing if you wanted to! with sticks centered at 15 feet i put it into manual mode and it immediately falls out of the air! (that might explain some of these crashes, with users mistakenly being in manual mode perhaps?) I correct and bring it back up and its very wobbly i do some turns and its all over the place so i decide to screw manual mode and go back to GPS. i play around, go up to 150 and go over a little lake and screw around with all controls and its flying good tho i have been noticing it drifting to the left a little every now and then.. switching to ATTI seems to resolve this?

anyways so im at 20 feet or so and i go straight up full power and noticed my iphone screen shows the battery flashing red at 43% i let off on the stick and center it and it goes back to normal... i climb again and it goes red and now its at 40% so now im concerned... could be temp related? perhaps i have a bad battery now? i dunno ill contact my dealer and DJI. I bring it back down to 10 feet and zip around this park now with full forward and full lift to stay low and im able to reproduce the issue each time. the battery never displays 0% like some of you have seen it just goes red.

i forgot to mention when i posted this that i was at around 10 feet up 100 feet out and i shut off my controller to test return to home, works fine. went to 60 feet and came back and hovered.. switched back on and took control again with a flip to atti then GPS.

anyways i switch back to manual mode and screw around and this is where i almost flipped it... i switch back to GPS, and at 15% lose my lifting power... its able to hold altitude but barely gain... switching to Manual allows full power. i walk back to my car in GPS mode and land it at 3%.

ill post the vid if you are bored you can watch it. its still uploading prolly be ready by 1230 PST
http://youtu.be/1zFz_8H9ZZE

Great report, Migmon! And thanks for being the first to test out the fresh firmware :)

Battery warning during full speed acceleration may be due to sudden voltage drop?

ps: You're brave to continue the flight even with the drift (if not due to wind), because I would personally be concerned of calibration issues hehe..

I had the same alert on my last flight (I haven't installed today's new firmware) whilst climbing up to 1000ft. It would happen under full power, knocking the throttle down just a little would stop the warning klaxon. I had an uneventful further flight. It was cold that day but well above freezing and the temp sensor on my Flytrex was showing an outside air temp at altitude of 7 degrees...

yes i have a feeling its the cold weather... the drifting to the left is definitely weird.. perhaps i can setup a camera to film what i am seeing then post the footage for review here.

I flew this evening using two batteries one after the other on the new firmware which just came out today and I couldn't be happier with how flawlessly the Phantom performed. FYI I did NOT re calibrate my compass after the firmware update. The Phantom held a rock solid and stable hover, I tested it over 500 feet directly above myself as well as sending it over 1,000 feet away from me with 375 foot altitude and holding good WiFi signal. I also tested atti mode and turned off the transmitter testing return to home which was perfect. I give two thumbs up on the new firmware update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20