First flight with camera and first crash

Reaction score
Hi.
Had my first flight with camera yesterday. I tried different maneuvers and at the end of the video I tried to descend rapidly. This caused the Phantom to start wobbling out of control and it lost almost all lift. Any ideas why?

On the bright side only one prop was chipped and I just had to reattach the gimbal to the dampeners and stick back the AVL58.

Spec:
DJI Phantom 2
Zenmuse H3-3D
GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
AVL58

http://rx.tx.no/2014/05/22/dji-phantom- ... th-camera/

4wd

Reaction score
gunleik said:
Hi.
Had my first flight with camera yesterday. I tried different maneuvers and at the end of the video I tried to descend rapidly. This caused the Phantom to start wobbling out of control and it lost almost all lift. Any ideas why?
Don't do this unless you can maintain lateral movement, especially if wind is very light.

Reaction score
gunleik said:
Hi.

On the bright side only one prop was chipped and I just had to reattach the gimbal to the dampeners and stick back the AVL58.

Spec:
DJI Phantom 2
Zenmuse H3-3D
GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
AVL58

http://rx.tx.no/2014/05/22/dji-phantom- ... th-camera/

"dirty wind" from a fast decent.
Always be slow when descending. Go fast and that will happen.

Reaction score
Sounds like classic prop-wash.

Always descend slowly or at a direction so the craft doesn't choke on it's own wind.

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast replies :D
I'm never gonna descend that rapidly again :oops:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flit