First flight - Very Cool

Reaction score
Took my first flight today. Weather broke a little - got to 25 degrees F in the Chicago suburbs. I am coming from the RC plane world where it is fast and forward right out of the gate. Well I don't need to tell anyone here that this is completely different.

First off I remembered to take off the gimbal guard but I didn't remember to clean off the snow on the ground. Ooops - camera right in the snow. Wiped it off and it is OK. Then I hit the take off button and up she went - just s perfect lift off and very very stable. I had 13 satellites. So stable in fact I couldn't believe it. I kept it in beginner mode so I couldn't stray too far but what a treat this thing is. Hand caught my first flight because I didn't want to land it in the little snow that was on the ground. Again it was so stable that it just hung in the air right in front of me.

Flew it again at a different site up the street and that was perfect as well. Let it land it self with the home function. Came down to about 6 inches off the ground and then gently "sat".

I am going to love this!!!!

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Congrats! Howdy and welcome!! It gets really addicting and "expensive", if ya know what I mean!

I do have a question. The second time I went up. I turned everything on but before I took off I shut off the beginer mode. But when I went up it still had the limits. Do I have to shut that off before I turn on the bird?

Ya congrats, i've forgot my gimble guard a few times, get some sort of error about it being stuck. I've been using my square patio table as a landing pad....(NE of Green Bay). FYI, my crappy table aluminum or something so doesn't effect the compass during startup. FYI, my composite deck has metal connection rails so can't use directly as my landing pad...had a compass error a few times.

Congratulations & welcome to an entirely different area of RC enjoyment. Like you I came from years of experience flying fixed-wing models. First time I flew the Phantom I thought, "Wow this is so easy my grandmother could fly it!"

Took my first flight today. Weather broke a little - got to 25 degrees F in the Chicago suburbs. I am coming from the RC plane world where it is fast and forward right out of the gate. Well I don't need to tell anyone here that this is completely different.

First off I remembered to take off the gimbal guard but I didn't remember to clean off the snow on the ground. Ooops - camera right in the snow. Wiped it off and it is OK. Then I hit the take off button and up she went - just s perfect lift off and very very stable. I had 13 satellites. So stable in fact I couldn't believe it. I kept it in beginner mode so I couldn't stray too far but what a treat this thing is. Hand caught my first flight because I didn't want to land it in the little snow that was on the ground. Again it was so stable that it just hung in the air right in front of me.

Flew it again at a different site up the street and that was perfect as well. Let it land it self with the home function. Came down to about 6 inches off the ground and then gently "sat".

I am going to love this!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik