First Flight(s)

Reaction score
Holy smokes is that thing fun. Been just going back and forth and up and down in my thick plush lawn. Have bump the grass a couple of times which caused it to flip over. Hope I did not hurt it.

It is windy today so we have been in the backyard where the wind is pretty blocked. We have seen the effect of the wind on the phantom. We have stayed pretty low so as to stay out of the gusts.

Nine take off and landings and two grass bumps. All in all not bad. First time using anything RC.

Comments?

It did seem slow to take off when throttled up. Is that a feature of GPS mode? It is a blast to fly. Looking forward to getting more confident with it. I can say that I was really nervous to give it some juice and take off. Took me a few minutes of sitting there and just looking at it before I committed. Still get butterflies when I turn it on.

Fun stuff!!!!

Have fun I sense you have already been hooked, enjoy but you may want to hide your wallet. ;)

Hehe windy you say you should be in melbourne atm 100kmh+ winds nearly every day the last week. My backyard fence wouldn't protect me, well it actually mostly few away the other nite :lol:

I have flown in 50kmh winds but keeping my phantom inside atm where its safe assuming the house remains standing.

I just did my first flight as well today. Phantom 2 rose bush 0

I should've waited for the part in the video where it shows how to stop the propellors, but oh well. All is good, no damage.*

I didn't put my GoPro on it yet cause I want to get more time with flying. I found myself nosing into the wind quite a bit because things got a little drifty from time to time and I didn't want to take out the neighbor's Lexus. My flight time seemed longer than 8-10 minutes which I attribute to the lack of a camera and that I just hovered mostly and worked it around the yard getting used to the sensitivity of the controls. I'll probably just continue to practice sans camera until I'm sure I won't be flying into the bushes anymore.

John

edit: no damage to the Phantom, the rose bush is kinda trashed.

There's lots of advice for noobs on these forums, but so you know
-get your name and email or phone on the phantom in marker, first thing!
-get a digital kitchen timer and Velcro to transmitter, never fly without it on, know your safe time
-go on ebay and get yourself a bright led light on the battery door to orient in the distant sky, it will save you
- relax and don't over react to drift, gentle touches, and don't talk to people or show off when flying, f-up guaranteed....

I had my first flight exactly a week ago. I had to take a holiday from job because Phantom is oustanding. A lot of fun when flying. I hit electricity pylons one time by end of one propeller. So today I will be changing all four props for the new ones. Not carbon just normal new plastic ones. I am sooooo looking forward to come home. I cant wait. I love flying with Phantom. 6 to 7 minutes.is my fly time. I guess without Zenmuse and Gopro it would be more. But I want to have some HD footage from my flying.

Nice flying to everyone. :)

I'm a bit of a newbie myself and have my first flight 4 days ago. One thing I could never figure out is how can you tell how far away the phantom is? How do you know if you are close to the limit?

bigjohn said:
I didn't put my GoPro on it yet cause I want to get more time with flying... I'll probably just continue to practice sans camera until I'm sure I won't be flying into the bushes anymore.

2nd official flight, but first with video:

http://youtu.be/yWnp0CsFK2U

I have trouble learning lessons.

John

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj