First flight, Phantom went rouge

Reaction score
So I followed all the steps. Did a few touch and go's on the ground just to get used to landing. Everytime I had it on the ground and I let go of the sticks, it wanted to go up. I did a few restarts, and calibrated the compass and gps, and on the 4th touch and go, it just went UP, full speed, without me touching the sticks. I quickly turned it off and it landed on my roof. Thankfully, only the props broke. I'm nervous to fly it now :eek:

MrC said:
Callibrate the sticks in the rc assistant and then again in the phantom assistant.

+1 - calibrate everything and wait until you get nothing but green flashes before you fly.

drakeskakes said:
So I followed all the steps. Did a few touch and go's on the ground just to get used to landing. Everytime I had it on the ground and I let go of the sticks, it wanted to go up. I did a few restarts, and calibrated the compass and gps, and on the 4th touch and go, it just went UP, full speed, without me touching the sticks. I quickly turned it off and it landed on my roof. Thankfully, only the props broke. I'm nervous to fly it now :eek:
After the Phantom landed, did you hold the sticks down until the motors stopped?

drakeskakes said:
After the Phantom landed, did you hold the sticks down until the motors stopped?

That is crazy.

I have never read any reports of any Phantom turning red on the first flight let alone any flight.

Start from scratch. Update and calibrate everything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers