first flight landing help needed

Reaction score
Well, had our first flights with our new P2 just now. Very cool! Handled fairly steadily in moderate winds, and although inexperienced, we were able to control the aircraft and put it through simple forward-back-left-right-spin maneuvers, flying in NAZA mode.

Landings, however, were tricky. My plan was to ease the aircraft down until just off the ground, then move the throttle to zero, then CSC once on the ground. I was able to get down close to the ground and hover easily enough, but when I moved the throttle down to zero, it seemed like it was almost like in a car where you "surge the accelerator"...the engine whine noise seemed to really spike, the P2 seemed to almost want to pop up for a second, then dropped down. Of course it then tipped over on its side and the engine cut off.

It did this same "surge" twice when cutting power. Is there something I'm missing or not doing right? I'll have to get someone to take a video.

I did turn down the gains to between 100% and 120% all the way around, rather than leaving the gains on the defaults. I figured this would "deaden" the response, which I thought would make sense, particularly as I'm a beginner, and don't have the extra weight of the gimbal and GoPro on it just yet.

Do not initiate CSC, when landing, simply hold throttle all the way down, for 3 seconds, the engines will stop!
I had same problem, I thought stopping was the same as starting up?
I was wrong, I even toasted a prop, when it tipped the first time, causing me to buy prop guards, go figure,
It was me all along? Anyway hope this helps!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31