First flight, few questions

Reaction score
I flew my P4 for the first time today, great A/C! Couple of questions though.

I hear a sound coming from the body that I can best describe as electricity arcing and popping in a constant rhythm, or maybe a tiny, slow weed whacker whipping around . . . not the fan, that eventually comes on and whirs as expected. I hear the sound whether the fan is running or not. Is this normal?

Second, I have three batteries. One of them showed fully charged and at normal voltage levels in the battery status menu, but the Go 4 app had a red warning that voltage was critically low and wouldn't let me take off. Pulled the battery and plugged it back in, same thing. Then I got home and put it in the A/C again . . . no warning. Flaky battery or maybe an app bug?

I hear a sound coming from the body that I can best describe as electricity arcing and popping in a constant rhythm
It's probably coming from the VPS. You could confirm by temporarily turning off the downward sensors in DJI GO. If that's the cause, then it's perfectly normal.

One of them showed fully charged and at normal voltage levels in the battery status menu, but the Go 4 app had a red warning that voltage was critically low and wouldn't let me take off. Pulled the battery and plugged it back in, same thing. Then I got home and put it in the A/C again . . . no warning.
Try using the battery a few more times to see if you can reproduce this issue. If so, contact DJI support and get it replaced. Or get a replacement from the seller if possible.

Thanks for the feedback! I will try turning the VPS off, that's a good thought. I'll definitely be re-testing the battery, I'll try hovering for a few cycles.

No voltage problem today, will have to watch over time. I didn't test the VPS yet.

On my video feed, I sometimes get black horizontal bands maybe an inch high, even when my video signal is full strength. Is this just how interference shows up on the P4? On my P3S I tend to get blocky feeds, rather than "bandy". The nearest source of possible interference would have been about 1000' feet away.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1