First flight ever - Phantom 4

Reaction score
Received my P4 yesterday. Went through the FW upgrade process - which was kind of a pita as it just wasn't very straight forward and actually failed the first attempt. Figured it out though and did a quick couple 2 minute flights in my front yard. Also had a strange memory card error and couldn't record. Brought it back in, charged it up, formatted the card and decided to actually put the thing in the air. This is the first time I've ever flown a drone, ever.

Haahaa, for real though. I'm so geeked out. I can't wait to start doing some more creative stuff that I actually bought this thing for. Surfing, dirtbikes, off road, other motorsports. (I work at MAV TV / Lucas Oil)

Thanks guys, I'm sitting at work wanting to get "sick" so I can go play drone! LOL - really need another battery asap.
Are you within striking distance of an Apple store? It's going to be convenient to having Apple selling P4 stuff, assuming you're OK with full retail price.

Funny, I took the day off today to fly mine too. This weekend will be consumed with other activities revolving around my anniversary with the wife. Oh man that's tough :p

Last edited:
Reactions: wheezy
I am lucky enough to have TWO of them within minutes of me (spectrum/fashion island). I'll probably pick up ONE at full pop and then wait and see what kind of deals I can find once there are everywhere. Any good resources for future that is known to have "good prices"?

Sweet, you should come out and fly with John Locke and I. Target and Best Buy price match Amazon (must be fulfilled by amazon though), so whenever I see a great deal on Amazon, ill just shoot over to Target and pricematch.

Reactions: wheezy
Nice smooth pan ... how did you get youtube to allow that song?

I dunno... I thought they did away with the copyright thing as long as they can put a link in it or something. LOL - watch, now they'll pull it down.

edit: Yes, it depends on the song, this song doesn't appear in the list. More info: YouTube

Last edited:
Nice smooth pan ... how did you get youtube to allow that song?
If you have a YouTube account, which you do if you're uploading videos, you can go the the creator tab and they have a bunch of music you can use. Some you can use no problem and others you will have to put a statement and link in the details. Then you have all the popular music. These you can use as long as you are not monetizing, making money, with your video. If you use that music they will place adds on or before your video and the revenue will go the the record label and YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are you within striking distance of an Apple store?
Sweet, you should come out and fly with John Locke and I. Target and Best Buy price match Amazon (must be fulfilled by amazon though), so whenever I see a great deal on Amazon, ill just shoot over to Target and pricematch.
I don't think Target sells P4 stuff, only the P3 std I believe. Am I wrong?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20