First flight after recent firmware upgrade and flyaway

Reaction score
Yesterday I flew my phantom 2 v+ for the first time after the firmware upgrade. I did everything like normal, callibrate compass, get GPS lock, and fly away. I was doing normal flights that I usually run and then I started to get out of view of my phantom which was when I lost FPV for my phantom also, It was much closer then it used to be. I quickly flicked the fail safe switch to have to return to home like normal. But i heard it just get more faint and more faint till I could no longer here it. This is the first time I have ever had a fly away, I searched alittle bit after with no luck. Tomorrow morning, I will begin my search first thing in the AM. I will only have a few hours before going to dinner and will be working non stop for the next few days for black friday. I hope I can find it.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to locate it please let me know.

So It stopped responding to R/C inputs ? and kept flying ?? or drifted with wind ?? Stayed at same altitude ??
or what happened exactly ?

Were you in GPS mode ?? Do you use naza or phantom mode ??

If you are out of control range and you turn off transmitter/fail safe, the Phantom can't tell you have turned it off.... However if you are out of range (or within range but have problem) it should RTH anyways.

Similar thing happened to me with older firmware. Lost ability to control and it kept flying, no errors on screen.. it was way within range though.. eventually 10 or so seconds later it displayed RTH and luckily came back as it detected a problem.

Anyways hope you find it.

*edit* btw were you flying in a city or rural or ?? I put my issue down to interference as there are heaps and heaps of various antennas close to the park it happened at (and has not happened since).

Sorry about your loss, I've experienced it as well. The "Find My Phantom" feature is a good tool as long as the quad was transmitting a gps signal. There really is noway to say what might have taken place. I would like to think it was related to the IMU/Compass. But with the fact that it continued on as if it was being guided is the part that doesn't make sense.

I had a loose gps connection where it plugs into the main board that caused some very strange activity. The gps was getting reset over & over which cause it to not know where it was at for a short time. But as I say it is hard to say what would make it want to continue on and not land itself like it is suppose to do.

I have problem tuday with my dron DJI Phantom 4 pro+ i upgarade aircraft with new softwer but i no see camera on my display then i see on this forum you need to download older version of softwer then evrithing go OK... but I'm only upgrade controller and everything go smoothly and work great.

I flew my P4P for 30 minutes or so, went out about 1,000' and 240' altitude.
DJI Go4 4.1.5
Latest firmware, all seemed to update when Go4 upgraded. I know the AC got flashed and pretty certain that the RC was also flashed. I failed to note the firmware version.

Anyway, it flew great, no issues, video was solid and no high wind warnings in a 10-15 mph wind.

I was required to recalibrate everything, gimbal, sticks, compass after the upgrade was complete.

Reactions: kbrady8181
Sound like the same as when I did it, no problems. There have been a couple of firmware uploads since then, one was a No Fly List update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj