First final edit from p4p (winter scenes with high contrast)

Reaction score
For what it is worth, here is my first finalized edit from my second flight with the p4p.

Shot in 4K, 30fps, h265, none-profile and uploaded in 4k (though youtube seems to limit to 1440p currently)

The p4p handles difficult light quite well (though a working dlog would have been much preferrable), and stability is impressive. This is unfiltered at iso 100, f2.8-f11 mostly 1/60 sec (so great to not have to land for switching nd when light changes rapidly).

Due to popular demand (thanks for input, @CaptainDrone798), I have slightly decreased magenta cast for some of the scenes. Please note that a cast is still present but less dramatic.

For reference, I left the original here:

Last edited:
I was going to ask if it was Davinci Resolve. I've noticed that Davinci Resolve tends to go more towards purples on auto color correct, especially if the white balance was not the greatest in the original.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I cannot give any profesional, or high level amat. comment but the footage is awesome !!

Reactions: cr6
Looks like 4k is available now. YouTube takes forever for it to show up after you upload a video.

Video looks great. Awesome!

i wish i could figure out resolve. LOL... even with the tutorials, i'm lost. its very weird

i wish i could figure out resolve. LOL... even with the tutorials, i'm lost. its very weird

Resolve is actually quite straight forward once you learn to read the scopes and what the basic controls do. This is a sample adjustment from the footage above; spending a few hour learning basic adjustments is well worth it.

upload_2016-12-8_0-35-45.png

isn't that spot dangerous for people to be walking on? Great video though.

Nice Tomas!

How big do you estimate the difference in quality between youtube 4K and the raw material is?

Nice Tomas!

How big do you estimate the difference in quality between youtube 4K and the raw material is?

To avoid being overly subjective, here is a 100% section of one difficult frame with lots of details.

Graded original
Same grade from youtube
Difference between these versions.

I can say that this looks very good on a 65" 4k screen with high bitrate, so the potential is high.

Attachments

• original_graded.png
    original_graded.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 375
  • youtube_graded.png
    youtube_graded.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 391
  • signal_difference.png
    signal_difference.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 424
Reactions: Dronefriend
To avoid being overly subjective, here is a 100% section of one difficult frame with lots of details.

Graded original
Same grade from youtube
Difference between these versions.

I can say that this looks very good on a 65" 4k screen with high bitrate, so the potential is high.

Wouldn't be able to tell the difference in an ABX test on those. Looking forward to my drone which should arrive Monday :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj