First ever drone flight on Phantom 4 Pro

Reaction score
Just completed my first ever drone flight on my new Phantom 4 Pro and all I can say is WOW! What an amazingly fun experience that was!
I have never flown a quad before though I do have some experience (not a lot) with RC planes and the little indoor helicopters. The P4 was a dream to fly in P mode. It was rock solid with little or no wind and at no point did I feel like it was hard to control or doing anything unpredictable.
The P4P basically flies itself! All you have to do is direct it where to go and which direction to point...at least it felt that easy. Because this was my first flight, I had beginner mode on. Even within those limits, this thing was a blast to fly. I have a feeling I'm hooked into something I will be spending a lot more time and money on.
Great hobby...Great bird...Great fun!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Smart move to start in beginner mode. Take your time getting used to it all. I get too excited when flying mine and forget to hit the record button.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Welcome to the DJI world enjoy your battery powered Flying CRACK ! :)

No Doubt!!!

Smart move to start in beginner mode. Take your time getting used to it all. I get too excited when flying mine and forget to hit the record button.

I think I will fly in "Beginner Mode" for awhile until I'm really comfortable with all the controls and settings. I want to take it kind of gradually and the last thing I want is to lose this baby because my ego got ahead of my piloting skills.

BTW, this thing was so easy to fly with the GPS on, I was able to land it on the Styrofoam case twice! Now that is no big deal for most of you I'm sure, but for my first 2 landings ever it felt like an accomplishment. I must admit the drone did most of the work by keeping station even at 1ft altitude with all kinds of ground effect trying to push it off line. I was able to ease it over the case and simply set it down. By comparison, trying to precision land a little indoor helicopter on a similarly sized surface is NOT as easy, because the closer to ground they get, the more they want to drift all over the place.

Of course now I want a little helipad to use for precision auto-landing.

Last edited:
I too flew my new P-4 today for the first time and in Beginner's Mode . I did my homework over the last few weeks and everything went smooth with the exception that I engaged video in error and captured most of the flight for posterity. I'll be flying over the lawn, driveway, and road for the next few weeks getting my comfort level up. Then it's out to a 1,000 acre pasture where I'll graduate from Beginner's Mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers