First day with Phantom 2

Reaction score
Finally got the Christmas gift up in the air today. Flew 4 or 5 sorties and tested the FPV transmission to the Black Pearl monitor and was really pleased. Took it up to 85 meters and got some great views of the 'hood. Then took it up after dinner for an aerial perspective at night.

So I have to ask, what's all the "no night flying" talk about? Where is that coming from? I had an easy time controlling and keeping an eye on the Phantom.

Also, thanks to the wife and kids for the coolest gift ever. Thanks to the guys at EZ Drone in San Diego for building such a great rig!

So what gives?

Hey I got also my phantom 2 today as a present from my fiancee.
It comes with the h3 3d gimbal but it will not turn on, the drone powers up good and everything but the gimbal is completely dead, no led light or nothing. all concectors are plugged and in the right place.

Merry Christmas!

Did you mean what is up about night flying? If so, there are several topics here, that goes into it. I love night flying, with extran lights on the drone. Filming is mostly out, but I enjoy it.

p.s. We need a new word, as "filming" no longer applies in the new digital "filming!" Any suggestions?

absolut_barba said:
Hey I got also my phantom 2 today as a present from my fiancee.
It comes with the h3 3d gimbal but it will not turn on, the drone powers up good and everything but the gimbal is completely dead, no led light or nothing. all concectors are plugged and in the right place.

I think there are many on this board who can help you. The guys where I got mine test everything before it is delivered. That is why I bought through them, when I could have saved a few bucks elsewhere.

Night flying comes in 2 basic flavors:

1) Newbies who just got their Phantom and apparently think it's cool to fly at night and record video of blackness. Not sure what the attraction is here.

2) Commercial drones delivering Amazon packages 24 hours a day. Of course, this aint happening yet but it will be in about 2 or 3 years. That is the only good reason drones should be in the skies at night.

TimmyG94 said:
Night flying comes in 2 basic flavors:

1) Newbies who just got their Phantom and apparently think it's cool to fly at night and record video of blackness. Not sure what the attraction is here.

2) Commercial drones delivering Amazon packages 24 hours a day. Of course, this aint happening yet but it will be in about 2 or 3 years. That is the only good reason drones should be in the skies at night.
There's quite a discussion here: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31840#p291397

Just because you are scared to fly at night doesn't mean no one should fly at night. There are plenty of well lit areas where night flight would be perfectly safe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik