First Day Out with First Drone

Reaction score
Picked up a Phantom 3 Standard on Saturday. Spent Sunday learning how to use it - this was my first trip out with it.

Camera movements are a bit shaky - is there an easy fix to this, or is it a matter of getting some more finesse with the controls?

Second question - the gimbal looks like it is a bit wonky - you will see the horizon is not straight. I did try to calibrate the gimbal earlier that day, but I didn't do it before I took this footage. Is it a matter of calibrating the gimbal before every flight, or is there more to it to make sure the camera is level?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Picked up a Phantom 3 Standard on Saturday. Spent Sunday learning how to use it - this was my first trip out with it.

Camera movements are a bit shaky - is there an easy fix to this, or is it a matter of getting some more finesse with the controls?

Second question - the gimbal looks like it is a bit wonky - you will see the horizon is not straight. I did try to calibrate the gimbal earlier that day, but I didn't do it before I took this footage. Is it a matter of calibrating the gimbal before every flight, or is there more to it to make sure the camera is level?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Not bad :) ,gimble calibration now and again good but if not right you got a + and a - to adjust bit more,not need doing ever flight,,also a tip if you like what you fly over use camera dial to move cam up or down to make good movies and flying backwards while recording looks good too,,keep it up be a pro soon:) ps love the name cool as

as above you need to do the + and - to do the manual adjust. When i first got mine i had to do this as it was all squiff.

As a first fly its a good vid. I wownt be harsh ha but yes some finesse is needed as well as tweaking the sensitivity controls. This makes for much smoother footage. Even so i find i will delete a good 75% of my footage when creating my Youtube videos as you still get the drone twitch.

Id love to of been where you were, you got some lovely clips

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers