First Crash

Reaction score
I have only had my Phantom 3 Advanced about a week and a half. This last Saturday I ad just gotten back from sending it 7250' out over the ocean. I had some battery left, so I was flying it over some buddies kicking the soccer ball around. I was about 20' up, so I figured I was safe, Nope!!

The only damage was a broken prop. I replaced the prop, calibrated the IMU and compass, and sent it back out!!

Here is a short vid:

Why did it crash?

I chit. That blows.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You'd be surprised just how many drones are knocked out of the air over games. It just seems like too much temptation to not at least try to knock it down.

Im pretty confident that he wasn't trying to knock it down. More of a freak thing. He is a super good buddy, no way it was intentional...

Oh I know it happens. One of the big wig supervisors of the organization I work for was filming a training excercise "water rescue." This dude has his bird over a section of the river with class IV Rapids... Lol... he was really concerned about getting a shot of the team performing a rescue:)... I'm going to say he was about 20 feet off the deck... Hit a tree branch. P3A flips and dive bombs (actually seemed to gain speed) straight into a huge rock in the middle of the river. Phantom shell explodes into about 20 pieces then, in what seemed like slow motion, the Phantom slid Wiley Coyote style into the rapids and was gone! They are probably still looking for it. It was really a sad sight his face just went white. I learned from it. Clearance and safety first, shot second.. The cruel guys on his team were crackin up. He is a bit of a wanker, but still. Law enforcement officers are just cruel... No kind of sympathy... Lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr