First crash..

Reaction score
Hi guys, will post footage once extracted...

So, just had my first crash, and I'm sick as a dog [emoji45] can I get some advice on where to start with repairs?

Broken gimbal mounting plate
Cracked/warped body
1 broke prop

Hopefully camera is ok, but I'm not sure on the orientation of the little white plugs to re-wire it back in.

Not looked inside yet, what should I be looking for?

It's either fix it tonight, or phone the insurance and claim a new one. All help appreciated [emoji106]
619aeb55b8716e00df52214e429925df.jpg
7de8a0ccc738d615642c6493578df9c1.jpg
dcc544b7db6db77105e62298ee71e3df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Gimbal mounting plate breaks in most of the crashes. Is it too weak to withstand shocks?

Wow that really sucks, sorry for your loss.

Yeah, how did it happen? Did you have your prop guards on when it did?

dji needs to come up with quick gimble release system sorry for crash if insured just get a new one

Straight up pilot error [emoji20] good days filming.. Followed by 5 minutes of fun zooming down a windy footpath alongside the river where I live. Span around, heading back to me about 1m off ground and CLANG "please take your dogdcrap home" sign jumped out at me.. Feeling pretty stoopid.. That's said insurance said no probs, send proof of purchase and they'll pay the cash into my account. AND they don't need the old one.. So hopefully new gimbal plate, body & motors and I'll have my backup craft .. Every cloud Rodney, every cloud [emoji58]

Reactions: meissner58
what insurance you have

I wasn't aware there was insurance for these things. ??? How much and what does it cover? (I'll search too). -=Mike G.

I think the gimbals break off the craft because they're only held by the little rubber deals and then the gimbal arms snap when they slam into the hard ground...

Just had it added to my home contents with Aviva thru Swinton, includes any crash/damage. Also covers iPad/controller or owt else up to £1k. Comes with 2mil public liability, £52 for the year. They have already said they will cash me in on receipt of damage photos and proof of purchase [emoji106]

Not to highjack and go out of topic, but I have my insurance with my Visa card, if of course paid in full with it, 1 year over manufacturer warranty. :) Most people don't even know they have this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers