First crash!!

Reaction score
Bit of low level flying at the end of a great day and got caught by a gust of wind, caught in a tree about 10 ft up.

Ran over to stop it falling but just missed it!!

Now a I get an on screen message saying gimble motor obstructed.

Cleared that on screen and everything looks OK, except the camera, which is off right at a 45 degree angle.

If I right it with my hand, it falls back to that position.

Vertical electronic tilt from controller works fine.

First steps on repair /advice pls!?

Last edited:
Fstop-labs.com has gimbal repair kits. I had exact problem and tried everything to get it fixed without buying new parts. This company's parts fit perfect and look the same. If you replace it, be very careful of the ribbon cable. Is pretty fragile and I ended up buying a new cable because I messed it up.

Reactions: JickMagger
After you get it repaired, install a gimbal capture arm to protect damage the next time, and there will be a next time.:p I took a 40' fall from a tree onto backtop and destroyed the body shell, all 4 motors, battery tray and gimbal mount, but the gimbal and camera were unscathed. I also had the carbon fiber camera guard across the bottom, which helped too. Both landing legs were cracked, but intact. $306 and she's like new from my local repairman.

Reactions: Excavator99
After you get it repaired, install a gimbal capture arm to protect damage the next time, and there will be a next time.:p I took a 40' fall from a tree onto backtop and destroyed the body shell, all 4 motors, battery tray and gimbal mount, but the gimbal and camera were unscathed. I also had the carbon fiber camera guard across the bottom, which helped too. Both landing legs were cracked, but intact. $306 and she's like new from my local repairman.

I purchased the same Killer RC gimbal capture arm, haven't tested it yet:p, but glad too know it works if needed.

I'm looking for a replacement Camera/gimbal assembly for my P3P, and it costs MORE than half the price of a new one. Saving one in a crash is HUGE!

Thanks all. Disconnected the camera and it appears the camera had become loose from the vertical rod that connects via a small hex bolt.
Tightened this up and realigned and it appears to work!
Just need to wait for some better weather for a trial run now!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4