first crash with P3S...gimbal partially disconnected, what to do?

Reaction score
Hello there,
after many safe flights, I made my first crash against a tree (wind draft).. it happens.
Apart from a broken prop, the only visible damage are the gimbal mount and the cables ripped from the socket (see picture).
Can someone confirm me that the wires cannot be crimped again and I have to replace the whole cable?
I can find on DJI site the first part but the cable set for P3S "is not available for you area" (why..?).
On other sites I found the cable set "part 81" for P3S but the 2 wires cable looks different from mine and has not the two separated ULF terminals.. Can I adapt it anyway crimpint the ULF terminals?

Any suggestion where I can buy these spare parts in Europe? I have difficulties to order that set; is the pro/adv cable set compatible?? (it looks only longer than mine..)

Thanks a lot for your suggestions,
Francesco
IMG_20160330_151314.jpg

The Grey wire (antenna?) that I've circled on the right appears to have pulled right out of it's connector also.
Can't be sure about the black wire on the left though.
14df6688c73a2901478d7cacf206cb10.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Black and grey wires you have circled are your 2.4 antenna cables .
I added the yellow circles to the OP'S picture.
My point was that it appears that the Grey wire has been pulled right out of the little connector that belongs on the tip of it.

Reactions: dirkclod
I added the yellow circles to the OP'S picture.
My point was that it appears that the Grey wire has been pulled right out of the little connector that belongs on the tip of it.

OK..sorry . Yea they both have . Just seen the picture and didn't really read .I assume you know how to get to those connecters and don't know
if they can be reattached as I have never tried . ..cables into connecters .

Does anyone know where I can source the black and grey wire? In having a similar issue

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've been told that you have to replace both antennas. $18

I removed the covers and soldered wires onto the sockets on board. Easy cheap and quick

Ribbon cable and 2 compass modules (unless you have enough wire and just solder the connectors on). I also broke my plate, fortunately I have access to a Waterjet and Cad software, so, I made a new plate from Aluminum. Kinda gouged it whilst easing the edges.
14df6688c73a2901478d7cacf206cb10.png
IMG_0739.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj