First Crash- The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Reaction score
Well it had to happen, right? I mean, I don't know about you folks, but once I get my nuts about me on something, I begin pushing limits. Fortunately this was not speed or distance or maneuvering limits, but actually my limit on attention and distractions.

I noticed others mention the onlookers and crowd potential- and that happened today earlier. I had a very nice and inquisitive lady out for a stroll trying to help by pointing out the deer off to my left- the problem was she didn't announce herself, and came up behind me while I was focused on getting a sweeping and rising shot of a particular monument and her timing was impeccable.

I was pushing limits on gimbal angles, and had used the firmware I posted elsewhere here to have it set at a hard angle for some interesting shots- and to see if it would jitter and how much prop I could eliminate. I now am unsure if the gimbal is completely whacked as I haven't had a chance to sit down with it.

Well- rather than post up some finely tuned amateur edited keeper shots for my first vid, I am going humble and putting up my first crash instead- I am a noob at this, and I gotta show respect out there to the folks who have been at this a long time- I will share according to my paygrade and shyte.

So- for your viewing pleasure (and snorks) here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I23yuxIwM-s

*spoiler alert: there is a positive ending.

Gimbal death quiver. Hilarious. That has already happened to me twice so I feel your pain. My heart stopped both times. But the gimbal and phantom are still going.
Glad it worked out for you. I am guess the people who say they haven't crashed are 'fibbing'.

After 3 or 4 hundred flights, I crashed day before yesterday. I upgraded firmware did all the stuff and danced with the compass. All seemed well until I got the blinking greens, took of and all hell broke loose...little or no control AT ALL! The compass was finally found to have dirty contacts between the compass and cable and was cleaned, the Phantom put back on the Assistant and did the whole rigamarole over. All was then fine for the next half dozen flights. Chalk it up to pilot error in not paying enough attention to maintenance and detail work. :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj