First crash, need repair advice.

Reaction score
My first crash, (ran into a power line). Need to know if these ESC plugs can be repaired or does the whole board need to be replaced?
WP_20150913_08_57_04_Pro-1.jpg

All those add-on gadgets and it still crashed?? Where is the Go Go Gadget Parachute when ya needs it?!!

Other than the damage to the wires, they can easily be soldered directly to the board. And I'm sure the plastic sockets could be attained from somewhere if you wanted to go the best route. But I have no idea where. I would be more tempted to buy another bird and use the crashed one for future parts.

I don't have an answer for your question, but I am curious why you have a "GetterBack" attached to your bird? Aren't those for fishing poles?

Haha, Unfortunately the parachute is in the mail. Yea I was thinking about buying just the bird, gimbal and camera look OK.

I was mainly curious if I did send it to DJI for repairs would they replace the plugs or the board?

Basically, everything in that crash is suspected damaged or destroyed. They will probably skip the testing and start with a new airframe. That's just the safest solution for everyone. And if they are going to go that route, you could do the same and still have potential good parts for later.

Basically, everything in that crash is suspected damaged or destroyed. They will probably skip the testing and start with a new airframe. That's just the safest solution for everyone. And if they are going to go that route, you could do the same and still have potential good parts for later.
Yea, you are probably right, thanks for the advice. Now I just need to decide whether to buy just a new bird or a whole new setup.

Does it power up at all? Do you get any response from the camera? Its amazing that it is still intact! If not, whats the likelihood you could plug the entire camera module in to someone elses advanced to test it?

Does it power up at all? Do you get any response from the camera? Its amazing that it is still intact! If not, whats the likelihood you could plug the entire camera module in to someone elses advanced to test it?
Yes it powered up, gimbal did it's start up, seems OK no damage on it or the camera at all. The copter will not connect to the R/C so I'm not sure if the gimbal took any damage from the fall, it was still recording after it hit the ground so I might of gotten lucky.

Reactions: III% Streve
Sorry for your misadventure. Looks like something Is making bacon in your 5 image[emoji23]

Nice video until then. Where is that at? Glad no one was there to run it over.

Reactions: AlmostaJoker
if u want to send it to me i will fix for cheap. i get the plastic connectors from didgit key for a few bucks. not a problem. ur lucky someone didnt get it or run over it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20