First crash experience

Reaction score
Had my first crash tonight with the Phantom 3 Adv. I did update to latest firmware and was doing a normal test flight in really nice weather. Did fly for around 15 minutes. When I was landing, I got too close to a house wall, and the props touched the wall. The drone went down (very close to the ground at impact), and turned around with props down. I immediately shut down the motors.

At inspection, I did not notice any other damage except one of the props is broken (fortunately I have a spare set). I tried turn it on again later, and everything seems ok in the GO app.

Anyone else have experienced anything similar? Seems that the Phantom is quite good build quality.

By the way, new firmware release seems to work very fine, did not notice any issues.

Yeah, good thing you didn't lose the gimbal/camera package. You may find that it put it out of whack though and that you now have a tilted horizon, when seen taking a photo from the sky. If so, check the forum for IMU and gimbal calibration procedures.

Consider throwing all 4 props away. Even the ones that didn't break may now have stress cracks you didn't see, if they also hit the wall hard. The props cost a lot less than a new bird, eh?

Chris

Yeah, good thing you didn't lose the gimbal/camera package. You may find that it put it out of whack though and that you now have a tilted horizon, when seen taking a photo from the sky. If so, check the forum for IMU and gimbal calibration procedures.

Consider throwing all 4 props away. Even the ones that didn't break may now have stress cracks you didn't see, if they also hit the wall hard. The props cost a lot less than a new bird, eh?

Chris
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes I will get rid of the damaged prop set. Actually I have an RMA from DJI due to some problems with vibrations during video footage, so I will probably send it in. Even though I did not notice any vibrations tonight after the firmware update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj