First call to Airports

Reaction score
I just had a pleasant experience I wanted to share with ya guys. I going to visit the Duluth MN / Superior WI area and where i'll be flying falls right between two airports...so I called both and one said no problem just send info and other said not within 3 miles which all works out for what I was planning...nothing major just some cool views from above in general areas...seemed pretty painless...now hoping no issues when I go and turn the bird to go fly.

good to know. Thanks. Actually, I have a different case. I will need to fly, if approved, close to .5 miles of a class B airspace airport. They are constructing a building, and they want to see the view at 30 feet ( which will be the highest altitude I will fly). I just got my part 107 license. Wondering, if this will qualify for an exception.

lalvar...are you going to be 1/2 mile INSIDE the class B airspace or 1/2 mile OUTSIDE of class B airspace?

Reactions: Falcon900
He said within .5 miles of the airport. Sounds like he would be inside the class B.
No you don't want a waiver, you will need prior authorization to enter the space. Request has to be made online on the FAA UAS webpage. We're still waiting to see how long it takes to get the authorizations. My request has been in the system for 3 days and counting.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj