First bit of Litchi waypoints while on my bike.

Cheers chaps, no filters, just slowly waning daylight. Amazing how long it takes setting up, shooting, and editing to get a minute and half of footage lol!

Oooh, mega slow. Was off road on my big overweight bmw, so set it at about 12mph. Obviously as knowledge and confidence increases, the speeds can be upped to the max speed of the quad. But always having to get back to the landing point before it does lol!

Last edited:
Gotya, I also want to this for my rc boat and my buddy's 4x4 axial bomber. Think I'll buy the litchie and install this weekend, good video brotha!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Where I ride is hilly, which literally adds a 3rd dimension to such shots...

That lane I was on is quite up and down too, but had it following the contours, would probably look better doing the opposite, coming down low as the ground rises, and gaining altitude as it drops away. All good practice!

I've added a profile pic, so you can see where I ride, ie Borneo :) (I moved here from the UK about 12 years ago)

One of my ambitions is to run a Litchi waypoint mission but my last attempt went horribly wrong...

I aborted before even taking off, after seeing an obstruction that wasn't visible on Litchi/G' Earth, switched back to DJI Go, and somehow it reverted back to a homepoint recorded days earlier! Happily I did a RTH as a demonstration, rather than a necessity, and was able to regain control and bring it back, but I'm a bit wary of the Litchi app now.

Do you just do everything with Litchi, ignoring DJI Go completely (other than force closing it) or are you supposed to use Go at first, then switch to Litchi..?

I don't even start dji go running, there's no need to.
I plan my route at home using google earth, creating the route following terrain to keep a constant height above ground level. Save that as a kml file then import it into the litchi hub and save it as a new mission.
Sync it with litchi on my tablet and let it load the local maps by scrolling around the route.
Once at the area where I've planned the route, I ride it first to check for any obstructions, power lines, tall trees, buildings etc that weren't visable on the computer, and then tweak the route and height it flies at to suit. Only then am I happy to set it free to do it's thing. I really need to get a tank bag on my bike so I can take the controller with me, rather than leave it on the floor at the home point as I've done so far. Only a matter of time before someone runs off with it lol. Also in the event something goes wrong then it's only a matter of stopping and taking control, rather than watching helplessly with the controller a mile away :)

Reactions: Biggle

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub