First attempt

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum ,

Here is some information and advice for you to plough through. I hope you find it interesting.

The link below is a good introduction to the CAA rules for flying UAV's and might help you to avoid getting into trouble with the boys in blue.

Drone Flying in the UK: Laws & Rules with the CAA Drone Code - YouTube

To protect yourself in the case of an accident, insurance is a good idea. e.g. (BMFA) British Model Flying Association (UK). It costs £33 at the time of writing. Click on the link to view their web site :-

Members Insurance

You can also insure your UAV against damage : -

Drone Insurance - Phantom Flight School

The next thing to do is join a flying club to learn the ropes. Its more than likely there will be members only too glad to help out with advice or find someone near you who has a Phantom. The golden rule :- Always get permission from the landowner to take off and land.

After some time, something to aim for is :-

Multi-Rotor –

You might like to try the following apps. The first one shows UK airspace and includes NOTAMS.

UK AirspaceAVOID for Pilots – Android Apps on Google Play and :- No Fly Drones

One item that I have found to be of great help is a clear coloured strobe. I affixed mine to the rear of my P3 and it is easily seen in daylight for some distance. It helps greatly to determine orientation.

STROBON Cree® Standalone - Flytron

In my opinion, a video standard to achieve might be like this :-

Dundas Aqueduct near Bath by drone - YouTube

This was made by another member on the forum.

If you have any questions try doing a search first by clicking the magnifying glass top right. You might find your question has already been asked and it will save you a lot of time. If you can’t find an answer, then just post the question. We are only to happy to help.

Enjoy the forum.

Reactions: Neon Euc
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
heres my first attempt at a " video". confined to the law of flight here, so i could only park and pan and still be well within the limitations. ( 50m buffer by me + the 75m lateral )

New P3S owner and loving it. Here is my first video taken on a training run!

Cheltenham from the air from Pittville Park | SkyPixel.com

That video looks like it's from your phone (even at 1080p it should be much better), not the aircraft SD. I only mention this because I've seen a few members wonder why their video looks choppy/grainy and they haven't read the whole manual to know that full 2.7 video is on the SD card, not the phone. I don't use SkyPixel, though; Maybe it only works with the low-rez phone captures.

That video looks like it's from your phone (even at 1080p it should be much better), not the aircraft SD. I only mention this because I've seen a few members wonder why their video looks choppy/grainy and they haven't read the whole manual to know that full 2.7 video is on the SD card, not the phone. I don't use SkyPixel, though; Maybe it only works with the low-rez phone captures.

Thanks for the tips

Boys in Blue ....

Lets be honest - very few flyers actually keep dead to the rules. Most will dip outside of it ...

The main point is to be aware of where you are, what possible dangers there are. I will also add to that - respect others privacy. Whether they have legal right to it or not - privacy is a highly regarded item by most.

Boys in Blue - are not walking "Law Text Books" and will often act as they see fit. So if you fly sensibly and with due caution - they will usually leave you alone.

The rules are there to protect and give weight to action against anyone who flies without due care.

Nigel

Reactions: glosphantom
Took the advice and here's the finished article
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic