First Attempt at Photo Editing

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I thought i would post my first attempt at photo editing. Any and all feedback is welcome. I used the Lightroom iPad app to edit. Thanks for your time!
02cdc62941982d1030b028f985100f49.jpg

Reactions: Erised
I like it! I would have pitched the camera down a little for about half the sky you have. I would have taken another shot with the drone about 15' to the left, to see what it looks like with the sun hidden behind the tree, minimizing the lens flare maybe, having the sun shining through the tree. The shadows are great. Nice shot.

Reactions: trippf33
Thanks John! Those are great suggestions. Would a set of filters also help to reduce some of the lens flare? And if so, do you have a set that you recommend?

Filters will make things worse, besides, lens flare isn't necessarily a bad thing. Other than that, I agree with John.

Cheers
rc

Reactions: trippf33
John, sorry I am still very new at all of this. Is HDR mode a type of photo like RAW or JPEG? Where can I find this setting in the DJI Go app?

trippf33,
No. Basicly you take multiple shots at different exposures. With the P4P you can choose 3 or 5 shots. These are then combined into one image using the photo editing software or a stand alone HDR app. HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. In other words it, more or less, uses the different exposures from the multiple shots for different parts of the photo.

Best results would be achieved shooting in DNG over JPEG.

You could also try HDR mode, that might help the shadows.
I respectfully disagree. IMO HDR from a small sensor camera looks like clown vomit. Perhaps best to shoot using the lowest possible ISO (for maximum dynamic range) and expose for the highlights. Shoot in RAW and season to taste.

I understand that this may be a bit much for a beginner, but photography is not an instant gratification process. IMO you get out of it what you put into it.

Cheers,
rc

Nice shot!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31