First and Second Flight completed !

Reaction score
Hello everyone ! As a brand new P3P owner I've been reading this forum since I purchased my drone on Black Friday... I've ordered many accessories including the much discussed strong arms and the camera guard etc.

The drone came a few days ago but my accessories haven't yet arrived. I really tried hard to wait but I live in Toronto Canada and we were blessed with some warm sunny weather this weekend so I just said to hell with it and took her out flying yesterday and today. What a dream this thing is to fly ! I did a manual take-off and landing, perfect every time. The P3P is extremely stable and controlled, I felt totally comfortable flying it within minutes. I think I may just wait and not install the strong arms as this thing seems pretty solid as it is.

My one difficulty was trying to watch and fly the drone and keep the camera oriented properly at the same time. I find that once at a safe altitude, controlling the camera was easier if I just looked at the screen and not the drone. I'm using an iPad Air2 so I have a fairly big screen, however it still makes me nervous when my eye isn't constantly on the drone. Any suggestions on how to overcome this ? Are there any easy shortcuts for camera controls while keeping my eyes on the drone?

let the a/c hover than look at the screen.

Congrats on getting the pro, you're going to have a good time. It just takes time to gain confidence in the craft and your skillset. After about 50 flights you'll gradually get more brave to climb mountains and forge over water with your phantom. But don't get to comfortable. Always check the sensor MOD value before takeoff, and set your controller channel to the least used frequency, that's very important.

Remember to calibrate it in a new location, and perform a imu and gimbal calibration after update it, after that your ready to go, I have the Phantom for a less than 2 weeks and I have like 15 flight, I'm not an expert but I Lear how to fly in a cheap syma x5c so I use my p3a in manual all the time.

Thanks for the info ... After the last firmware update I was getting an IMU error so I had to do the calibration. Took me a while to figure out how to do it. I still beed to do the gimbal calibration since thats recommended also.

Thanks for the info ... After the last firmware update I was getting an IMU error so I had to do the calibration. Took me a while to figure out how to do it. I still beed to do the gimbal calibration since thats recommended also.
A my friend, I'm gonna introduce you the best teacher ever for anything, I'm about to graduate from college because of it

YouTube!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj