first accident

Reaction score
Had my first accident after many many many hours of flying. Pilot error.
The tree was to close.

I have some sand in a motor, everything else is okay.

I was wondering what motor to buy, link?

best regards

You can find replacement motors here.

FYI, CW motors have a black dot on top. CCW motors are silver on top.

Would you fly the thing after you blow the motors with air, or would you replace them?

If it was my Phantom, I would disassemble all motors that have sand in them and try to blow it out. Or, use some type of putty to press against the interior of the motor to remove the sand. It'll be trickier to clean if the sand is magnetic. If you're able to remove it and the motors spin smoothly by hand, you should be fine.

okay, thankx. so just pull the clip of the motor and take of the cover and blow with air;) I`ll try that!

Yes. They are pretty easy to disassemble.

okay, thankx. so just pull the clip of the motor and take of the cover and blow with air;) I`ll try that!
If you have any magnetic sand in your motor it can hide in the magnets.:eek:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

in the good old days you would break in the motors in a glass of water..... works fine... not sure why anyone would not want to just wash out a motor with warm water under a faucet and then blow dry with a can of air.... exactly what in the motor do you think is going to get damaged with good clean water and a good drying afterwards...

not sure why anyone would not want to just wash out a motor with warm water under a faucet and then blow dry with a can of air
That would work as long as the sand is not magnetic.

for magnetic sand I'd use an air compressor and dislodge the sand... you just have to have enough force to overcome the magnetic force....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic