Firmware

VCP

Reaction score
I just picked up my new P4 from the Apple Store in Pioneer Pl, Portland. Yes they are in stock on the shelf.
After unpacking and plugging in to charge I found a video that says before everything, plug the 'drone' into a "PC" and update the firmware before use.
Makes sense except does a quadcopter made to work off an apple product really need to be connected to a "PC" or will a Mac will do it also?Can the firmware be updated through an iPhone? My computer is in Mexico and I won't see it for a week or more.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just picked up my new P4 from the Apple Store in Pioneer Pl, Portland. Yes they are in stock on the shelf.
After unpacking and plugging in to charge I found a video that says before everything, plug the 'drone' into a "PC" and update the firmware before use.
Makes sense except does a quadcopter made to work off an apple product really need to be connected to a "PC" or will a Mac will do it also?Can the firmware be updated through an iPhone? My computer is in Mexico and I won't see it for a week or more.

its made to work with android as well as apple for years now...
also until p3 one needed a pc or mac to program the phantoms ...still do for fw updates

its only just recently been picked up by apple to sell...vs made for apple.

Yes the updates come in on the phone which makes it funnier that the videos tell you to plug into a PC?

This is the coolest toy! Just finished software updates and firmware, charging, calibration and general dude fiddling. I'm kind of an obsessive manual reader! I figure that's why things either come with no battery or a flat battery, gives you time to read.
So the lights flashing and tones bleeping away putting me in a hypnotic trance and freaked out the dog.
I put the blades on after testing without them.
I've never flown one before.
But if you turn off the novice flyer function, you can have auto take off work where it lifts off to 1.5m and hovers. So I did that! Then did a manual take off and hand assisted landing. No accidents, but I had to stop and charge the battery so it's full tomorrow (outdoors) and I can snap out of this trance now with a hot tub!

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Yes the updates come in on the phone which makes it funnier that the videos tell you to plug into a PC?

This is the coolest toy! Just finished software updates and firmware, charging, calibration and general dude fiddling. I'm kind of an obsessive manual reader! I figure that's why things either come with no battery or a flat battery, gives you time to read.
So the lights flashing and tones bleeping away putting me in a hypnotic trance and freaked out the dog.
I put the blades on after testing without them.
I've never flown one before.
But if you turn off the novice flyer function, you can have auto take off work where it lifts off to 1.5m and hovers. So I did that! Then did a manual take off and hand assisted landing. No accidents, but I had to stop and charge the battery so it's full tomorrow (outdoors) and I can snap out of this trance now with a hot tub!

VCP
Make sure you store your batteries at 50%.

The battery will self drain after 10 days to about 60%.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr